NUTRITIONIST HELP!!! XPOST

Johy0382
on 4/28/08 5:30 am - Homestead, FL
Okay, let me start by saying, I AM EXTREMELY THRILLED WITH MY PROGRESS!!!! I am down 52 lbs in a little less than 3 months and I AM PSYCHED!

However, I am having MAJOR problems with my nutritionist! I work mon-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm, so I need some "accomodations" if you want to call them that! My surgeon has a group of nutritionits on the first floor of his building. Obviously this is where all his patients get sent and this is the only referral for a nutritionist he provides. Though they do not accept medical insurance and we have to self-pay, I think most of us go just because we have to and this is where our surgeon sends us, so.. Anywho, I was suppossed to go back to an appt with the only nut in there I like at all on 04/03/08 for diet progression, but no appts have been available! The only appt they have now is 05/07/08, so after bit**ing even to the surgeon's office about this, I finally gave in and set it for that date, but this just means that the 3 week diet I was to be on will have lasted 7 and a half weeks! Something's gotta give!!!!!

Seriously, 7 weeks eating the same things SUCKS!!! I am stil at that some cold cuts, just got off purees stage!!!! I AM ALMOST 3 MONTHS OUT!!!! 

Can anyone kinda tell me what comes next?? I know all surgeons are different, but somethings gotta help! After the mushys, I was told, no more blending or pureeing foods, I could have chicken, turkey, ground beef, melba toast, toasted mini-pitas, saltine crackers, natural juices(NSA), etc.. besides the regular mushy food, tuna, etc...

What should I be allowed to eat next? 

Thanks for your input, I am just borderline stall and I know it's just that my body has probably adapted to the same foods! PLEASE

My son needs a HEALTHY mom for YEARS TO COME!
Proof that miracles CAN happen....I'm THIN!!!!

Redhaired
on 4/28/08 3:03 pm - Mouseville, FL
I think it is deplorable to hold up your diet progression because there are no appointments available.  Why can't your surgeon tell you what you are suppose to be eating -- after all it should be his protocol.  Why can't they do a telephone consult?   Oh, I think I probably know the answer to that one!!!!!!!!!!! Red

jcauley
on 4/28/08 8:25 pm - tarpon springs, FL

ask then to give you a progression sheet, so you don't have to keep going back. I  only saw my nutritionist when I needed her otherwise I ate what I could tolerate... (with in the  limits of high protein , no bad carbs ...)   I only ate mushy for about 2 weeks... if you can eat soft protein eat it! chicken, fish, beef,  keep it  moist  .  chili is good, eggs, I would stay away from bad carbs,(white stuff) they are not good for you !!!when you are beginning. you have allot of protein to get into a small area and really don't have room. your tummy will tell you pretty quickly what you can handle .AND!!!!!!!.. what you can handle varies from person to person. some can't eat beef, I could, others love shrimp.. (they still make me sick...LOL) juice is high in sugar and is not a good choice (you might dump) I am about 2 years out and can not drink juice.

Jean Cauley
Tarpon Springs Fl
RNY 5/15/06
Dr. John Paul Gonzalvo

Aphrodites
on 4/29/08 5:43 am - FL
Hey Twin!! Nice to see you around. Well I was looking around and found these two good websites: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gastric-bypass-diet/WT00007  and http://www.stronghealth.com/services/surgical/bariatric/diet .cfm  It gives a timeline and allowed foods. As for soft foods I've been having turkey picadillo or chicken fricase I just don't eat the potatoes and add veggies.  I cook with pam and as for turkey I always get jenny oh 99% fat free lean turkey. It's the best I've also made meatballs a la criolla and when I cook chicken I eat the thigh. The breast is leaner but it's also dryer so it's harder to eat. Just trim the fat off the thigh and you're good. hhhm lets see what else.... oh ya lentil soup is great for when I want something soft. Usually when I make dinner I usually seperate 2 little 1/2 cup glad containers and that is my lunch for the next two days. Like you told me once get creative. You now know the type of meat you are allowed so just do the recipes you know how to do, but substitute with healthier alternatives. Hope you have better luck with the nutritionist.

My Food Blog 

kathy S.
on 5/12/08 11:36 am - Pensacola, FL
send me an e-mailo and I'll give you what my doc switched me to @ 6 weeks.  We were on mushies for 6 weeks then pretty much "as tolerated"  they warned against pork, steak, and dryer meats.  Also no oranges, popcorn, pineapple.  Oranges & pineapple because of acid and the membranes could get stuck.  Popcorn, stuck again. The best thing I ate after my 6 week visit was a salad! [email protected]
kathsum
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views