humana floridians

shaejr
on 4/18/08 1:13 pm - Riverview, FL
Well I had my pysch consult and nut eval. yesterday and i passed with flying colors.  There was nothing i needed to come back. The receptionist was soo surprised that i was cleared on my first visit she said no one really gets cleared on the first visit.  Especially with the nut. she's a hard ass. Barb at SPECTRA, but she thorough and very informative and i liked that.  I wasn't too thrilled with the pysch. it felt like he was trying to treat me up on something but it didn't work because i was just honest.  So any fears that i had was cleared yesterday. Now i just have to wait on Dr/ Murr office to call me, SPECTRA said they should have my chart by Monday, but of course i don't believe that. My next hurdle is the insurance. I have Humana choice ppo, in which i work for humana.  I was looking to see if anyone here that  has humana and work for them, also how long does it take to get approved once you see the surgeon @TGH
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/08 3:23 am - saint petersburg, FL
mariamu
on 4/20/08 9:48 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/26/12

I have read from one of the post that Humana is asking for a weight history of 5 years and a 6 month's diet  I would call Humana directly and ask what is their criteria for Bariatric Surgery you would be surprised how many Doctors office give you the wrong information.  I have been from Doctor to Doctor trying to find one who takes my insurance and at several of the offices they have given me the wrong information on criterias for my specific insurance. I have finally gotten UHC to provide me with a definite answer to the questions i had.  I hope you can resolve this quickly so you can start on your new journey.

Best of Luck

Maria

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/08 10:16 am - saint petersburg, FL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views