Tampa Bay Channel 10 News Interview Today

tmn9761
on 4/15/08 3:44 am - New Port Richey, FL
If you are in the Tampa Bay area, check out today's 4:00 p.m. news on Channel 10.  Jennifer Howe did a follow up interview with me this morning (to one she did a year ago), and it is scheduled to be broadcast today.  I expect to also have a link to it on my website www.rubycruises.com within the next day or so.  I talked a little bit about O.H. in general - don't know if it made the "edit" or not - I'm anxious to see!  Anyway, if you can, check it out!

~ Terri - Come on and CRUISE TO LOSE with us!

codeebrown1
on 4/15/08 6:07 am - Bradenton, FL
Hi, I've got it on right now. Can't wait to see it. Peace, Linda
tmn9761
on 4/15/08 7:13 am - New Port Richey, FL
Hi Linda!  Thanks for checking it out - what did you think???  I am still SOOOO self conscious and as I was watching the video, I was nitpicking at myself.  Also, it's funny that I can't "remember" being as HUGE as I once was, and it almost shocks me every time I look at an old picture or those jeans that I wore to the hospital.  My daughter and I have actually gotten into one leg each together, at the same time!  They edited a lot of the interview out, but I told Jen, the reporter, that I couldn't wear them home because of the fluid retention from the IV's...I could barely even get them on let alone even attempt to zip them - and they're not lycra - they're old fashioned denim with no "give"...so my daughter had to run home and get my sweats to wear home.  Jen asked me off camera if it embarassed me or if it made me feel uncomfortable to display those jeans, and my response was, "No WAY!  They are my badge of honor!"  That's how I feel.  I thank God every single day for the gift of weight loss surgery!   Thanks again for watching!

codeebrown1
on 4/15/08 12:49 pm - Bradenton, FL
Hi, It was a great interview. You look wonderful. It's such an awsome thing you are doing with the "Cruise To Lose". I am waiting to hear from my insurance company. Talked with the surgeon's office Monday and they had just received a copy of the surgeon's dictation, and were getting the paperwork to the insurance company. From what I understand, they have 30 days to reply. So, I am in a holding pattern for awhile. My husband and I are going to Pompano this Saturday to the Bariatric Eating store that Susan Leach has. I'm hoping to get a good idea of what proeins and vitamins I will like, etc.... Congratulations again on a great interview. Peace, Linda
tmn9761
on 4/15/08 9:27 pm - New Port Richey, FL
Thanks for your kind words, Linda!   I remember those "holding pattern" days all too well!  It seemed to take forever - but then most of my delay was caused by a surgeon's office staff (who THANK GOD I ended up firing!) who were ridiculously incompetent.  When I switched surgeons, it LITERALLY took less than one business day for my approval!!  So if I may suggest...keep in close contact with your surgeon AND your insurer.   I've ordered from Susan Maria, and read her book as well.  I haven't visited the store in person yet though.   Thanks again for your complimentary review of the interview!  My better half probably won't get the link to this one up on the website until the weekend now and I am SOOOO not technical!! (otherwise I would do it myself!).  I love sharing info about the Cruise to Lose - first because we have such a FANTASTIC time...meeting others who have walked in our shoes is very inspirational, and provides a common bond among new friends.  Second, and the reason I formed these Cruises to Lose in the first place is because it's one of those "oh yes I CAN!" things we, as bariatric patients encounter as the result of seeking or having had surgery.  It was through my own personal experience (first business related cruise at 11 weeks post op) that my epiphany occurred.  I CAN cruise (or enjoy other similar social occasions) and remain "faithful" to my healthy lifestyle, and there are GREAT food choices available at these venues/events!!  It's all about what we CHOOSE to see!   Best of luck to you with your insurance approval.  Please keep me updated!   ~ Terri

jcauley
on 4/16/08 7:23 am - tarpon springs, FL

I jus****ched

The interview and you did such a wonderful job!

Jean Cauley
Tarpon Springs Fl
RNY 5/15/06
Dr. John Paul Gonzalvo

tmn9761
on 4/17/08 4:24 am - New Port Richey, FL
(((JEAN)))  Thanks!  How are you feeling after PS??  I can't wait to see you - I bet you look FABULOUS!!  I have to give you a call so we can set a lunch date or something!  Thanks again.

jcauley
on 4/19/08 1:00 am - tarpon springs, FL
Hi I am doing great! Thank you for asking, I would love to go to lunch! I can not in my wildest dreams believe I got this small... when you see me you won't believe it !I need to get more pictures...
Jean Cauley
Tarpon Springs Fl
RNY 5/15/06
Dr. John Paul Gonzalvo

FLGail
on 4/16/08 10:47 pm - Sun City, AZ
Hi Terri, I havent been on the Florida site in a while but wish I had because I would have recoreded it so I could have seen yoyu after work. Have you read your personal messages? Please do and I hope to see you. Let me know.   Gail
tmn9761
on 4/17/08 4:26 am - New Port Richey, FL
Hi Gail!  YGM!!  It's been CHAOTIC here - sorry to be absent! LOL  Greg will add the interview link to our Ruby Cruises website this weekend (hopefully if there's time with everything else going on!).  I'll let you know when it's up!  You can try going to the Tampa Bay's 10 website - in their information search box, type "Cruise to Lose Part 2" and it should come up! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views