Accountability Partner

mskeeley
on 4/11/08 11:29 am - Orange Park but my heart is in MD, FL
Hi everyone my name is Pam I live in the Orange Park area and my doctor is Dr. Cywes and for those of you that have him he tells you how it is and some times it does hurt your feelings.  I had surgery in November and I have been loosing the same 5 pounds for  the last two months.  I was so ashame that I did not even go to my appointment last month because I know he was going to let me have it.  But may that's what I need, I was going to see about going  to the support class they have with the psych for food addictions because I think this is my problem.  I am addicted to food and until I face that addiction I can't and won't be able to loose the weight.  I always use to say I don't see how any one could be a drug addict or an alcoholic but I'm no different food is my drug of choice.  I'm looking for an accountablity partner that can possible help me be accountable for myself and help me use my tool the way it was meant to be used.  Because I'm at the point Tuesday when I go for my fill I'm going to tell him to make me so tight only liquids can do down for a while.  I have got to turn this around because I would hate for all of this to be a waste because of me.   Anyone that can please share any tips any insight, any help on how I an turn this around. Pam
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/08 11:02 pm - Tampa, FL
Pam, I have never heard the term accountability partner before, so I can only image what that means. I don't know about you, but for me, if I can't hold myself accountable for my actions, I can't expect anyone else to hold me accountable. If I know I'm doing something wrong, and I don't change my actions, the fact that somebody else is telling me I'm doing something wrong, isn't going to make me change my actions either. That's just me. Good luck, I hoep you can get back on track.
xraynail
on 4/13/08 7:03 pm - Okeechobee, FL

Pam, what is sounds like you are looking for is a sponsor. Look around in your area for an OA(Overeaters Anonymous) meeting. It is a wonderful way to get the extra support you are lookng for. If you need anymore help or have any questions message me. Laurie

Highest373/Surgery335/Goal 175 
PLUS 38 POUNDS LOST PRYOR TO SURGERY

mskeeley
on 4/13/08 10:11 pm - Orange Park but my heart is in MD, FL
Thanks Laurie other members have suggested them as well.  I did in fact have some one to respond back and they are pretty much having the same problem I am and we are going to work together to help each loose the weight we need to loose.  Also another patient of Dr. Cywes introduced me to another support group as well.   You have not because you asked not and by asking all of these different avenues have been introduced to me and I appreciate everyone *****sponded back. Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views