i am new. any support will be appreciated

sugarlover
on 3/31/08 2:47 pm - boca raton, FL
hi,  i am scheduled for gastric sleeve on april 28th.  i really like these message boards and find them very helpful. any information on the day of surgery what happens and how you feel?  i am very nervous and i guess that would be the first question i have  (i have many more).   how did you feel when u woke up from surgery?  were you in pain?  were you sick? 
sandyfeets
on 4/1/08 8:26 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

I can't answer specific questions about the GS, but as for the waking up, pain and sick... I can try.

Waking up, very groggy.... I didn't want to breathe----so the nurses always have to tell me to take breaths.  This has happened with all 4 surgeries I have had.  I am just not a good "breather."

Pain----Ohh yeah and that is all I said for about 10 min, "I hurt, I hurt, I hurt."  The nurse handed me the PCA button and told me to click it....Ohh yeah MORPHINE!!!  After that first day, the only time I really hurt was moving in the bed, or standing and sitting.  Once I was home, I really only used the pain medication at night to help me sleep.  Sick--no nausea at ALL...NONE.  That was a blessing.

You might want to post these questions and others you have on the GS Forum here on OH.  

Good Luck and there is a spot for you on the Losers' Bench!!! 

StaceyS
on 4/1/08 8:42 pm - Coral Springs, FL
Hi and welcome! Dr. R did my sleeve on August 20. I love my sleeve!  I had a wonderful experience at CCW.  The details about the surgery are in my August blog if you want to read it. Make sure to check out the VSG forum here. You will get lots of support. All the best to you! Stacey

Highest - 330     Liquid diet - 326   Surgery day -  308.5
AOL IM: Staceyshoppersfl

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views