Newbie.. where do i start..

Redhaired
on 3/6/08 7:02 am - Mouseville, FL
Kim- If you were just approved for Social Security Disability I believe it takes two years for medicare to kick in, but you should be able to get medicaid.  There are several different medicaid carriers so once you get signed up for medicaid you should be able to call around to find someone who takes medicaid.  From being on this board for several years I know that people who have medicaid sometimes have a difficult time finding a surgeon.  Also, as I said there are several different medicaid carriers -- so choose carefully.  You might want to post another message with a topic about looking for a surgeon that accepts medicaid.  There is also a sticky message at the top of the board with information about surgeons who accpet Medicare and medicaid.  But you need to be very clear as to whether you have medicare or medicaid.  They are not the same. Red

Luvitsunny
on 3/7/08 12:05 pm - Sunny South, FL
Dear KimnFL....while I am a US Bariatric  success story, I know they do not accept Medicaid/Medicare.  But that's not the end of the road......there are some great surgeons who accept these funding sources.   Miami has some wonderful bariatric  surgeons and South Miami Hospital and Mercy Hospital are both performing WLS surgery.   By the way,  Welcome to the FLorida board/.forum! luvtisunnyv

See God's track record in your journey,

decide that you will trust Him. 

avivasmom
on 3/8/08 3:12 am - plantation, FL

Have you tried Cleveland Clinic in Weston with Dr Rosenthal...not sure if they accept medicaid or not but worth a call. Good luck. Dori

Dori
RNY 3/20/08
Surgery: 283  Current: 158 (12/24) Goal: 120 
YIPPEE 125 lbs gone

my blog: http://the-ups--downs-of-our-life.blogspot.com/
Tea
on 3/9/08 3:31 pm - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12
You could also try Dr. Gagner's office. He is awesome and is one of the top bariatric surgeons. He has recently relocated to Miami Fl from NY. I love his staff. I don't know if he accepts that insurance or not, but you could call. 1-305-674-3906. Tiffany, and welcome to the board

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

KimnFlorida
on 3/17/08 3:18 pm - pompano beach, FL
Thank you everyone for all the wonderful information.. I apologize for not posting sooner, i just have been very very frustrated.. I finally received a letter from social security this past saturday telling me that i would be on medicare.  I do know that the cleveland clinic in Weston takes medicare..  now for a dumb question.. When your on medicare you still pick a healthplan? how do i know which plan is right for me? All my letter stated was that they would be sending me a medicare card in the mail..  it was probably a stupid question but im so new to all this i feel like a kid going to school for the first time i feel so lost..lol  thank you all for being so wonderful hugs Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views