OT: Planning a Family Friendly Florida vacation - need advice

Frozen_Peach
on 3/2/08 6:11 am

My husband, my 10 y/o daughter and myself (and possibly my 19 y/o) will be coming to Florida either the 2nd week of June OR the 1st or 2nd week of August.

I am looking for family friendly beaches - least crowded as possible - love the nice white sand :)

We want to swim with dolphins while there....we wantd to do Disney but honestly we can't afford a big week-long trip to Disney - might consider one day there.....

at any rate, I'm looking for your advice on the best beaches for kids etc....accommodations you can reccommend??

Thanks in advance!!!

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/08 7:31 am - Tampa, FL
if you are looking for nice beaches and are considering Disney World, you may want to check out Daytona Beach. Great beaches and close enough to Orlando area where you can do Disney, Sea world, Universal studios etc.
Frozen_Peach
on 3/2/08 8:39 am

I did consider Daytona - but remember going as a child and how crowded it was then....granted, no beach in Florida is going to be vacant in the summer but I was hoping for one "off the beaten path" and less crowded!

BUT yes Daytona is on my list!

Thanks!

MY DS  

<~~link

carlak
on 3/2/08 11:31 am - Bradenton, FL
How about Sarasota area, Lido Beach, Bradenton Beach. Siesta Keys, Ft Myers Beach. All very nice beaches in my opinion. They are on the Gulf side. Carla Klein
image hosting site

Frozen_Peach
on 3/2/08 11:35 am
Thanks!  They are on my list now to investigate!

MY DS  

<~~link

chinalinda
on 3/2/08 12:32 pm - FL
Hi.  Well in he time that your coming really anywhere in Florida will be kind of full. I could definitely recommend Naples, Fl it has beautiful white sand and childen friendly and it is not that crowded. Enjoy!
Frozen_Peach
on 3/3/08 7:36 am
Thanks!  I'm adding it to the list!

MY DS  

<~~link

Beatriz A.
on 3/3/08 12:19 am - Sunny Miami, FL
I would recommend the Florida Keys for swimming with the dolphins, Key West is very nice too but I am sure that during the summer the beach gets very crowded, the sunsets at Key West are to die for.  I would also recommend South Beach in Miami, or any beach on the east side of Florida.  I have not been to St. Agustine Beach's but I hear they are nice. I was in St. Agustine(the old city) for one day and had a great time. You might want to check it out too.
Beatriz
Frozen_Peach
on 3/3/08 7:36 am
Definitely adding the Keys to my list!  Thank you!

MY DS  

<~~link

native2u
on 3/3/08 12:49 am, edited 3/3/08 12:49 am - Merritt Island, FL
I have to say.. The Florida Keys are fun....Key West is more for grown ups. I took my boys the 2 years ago and it has changed....there's a lot of drinking, etc. Don't get me wrong...I love Key West. Key West is great if you aren't looking for the "party scene" and you plan to stay on the beaches or go on one of the dive boats that will take your snorkeling. (Awesome dives & snorkeling there) I live near Cocoa Beach and its a great place for kids and adults as well. There is a resort called "Cape Carib", it is owned by Ron Jon's and there is a TON of stuff for the kids to do. They have a huge pool with a huge water slide and lifeguards too. The resort is on the beach too. Matter of fact, there are a couple of resorts here that are on the beach.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views