OT: Planning a Family Friendly Florida vacation - need advice

Frozen_Peach
on 3/3/08 7:37 am
ooo excellent!  I'll chck out Cape Carib!!
I'm so excited it's our first real vacation!  Thanks!

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

abbiemarie
on 3/3/08 1:15 am - Crawfordville, FL
Check out Englewood - located on the West coast.  I grew up in Florida and we went there every Summer.  I don't care for the East coast - no offense, just personal preference.  We always stayed at Pelican Shores.  They have 2 bedroom cottages and apartments.  The water is easily accessible.  They are not upscale, but affordable and quiet.  It's a cute little town.  Ko Ko Kai is also in Englewood and they have a pool.  You might also look into Weston's.  Great shelling... If you are looking for more action, you should check out Destin, which is in the panhandle.  Beautiful water, lots to do - shopping, activities and etc.     I live 12 miles from the coast, but the water here is awful.  The sand is brown and the water is tea colored.  It's great for fishing and boating, but I would not swin in the water here. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your trip to our wonderful state.

Abbie    290/224.8/150

"There's always an alternative and sometimes you have to give up to get."  Neil Monroe

Frozen_Peach
on 3/3/08 7:38 am

Not looking for action :)  Just some family time on the beach :)

Putting Englewood on my list!  Thank you!

MY DS  

<~~link

Redhaired
on 3/3/08 4:40 am - Mouseville, FL
If you get to the Orlando area please let me know, maybe we can go for coffee or lunch. Red

Frozen_Peach
on 3/3/08 7:39 am
most definitely!!!  How fun that 'll be!

MY DS  

<~~link

Purple Lotus
on 3/3/08 5:14 am - FL
St Augustine. It's North of Daytona.  Beautiful beaches, beautiful historical downtown area.  Plenty to do, very family-friendly. and Marineland is nearby which offers swimming with dolphins.

Purple Lotus              my s!

Frozen_Peach
on 3/3/08 7:40 am
Got it!  Thank you so much!

MY DS  

<~~link

native2u
on 3/3/08 5:31 am - Merritt Island, FL
I forgot about St Augustine. That is a fun place.
bunnytails
on 3/3/08 7:45 am - Orlando, FL
if you want to be close to Disney and a beach try New Symerna Beach.  White sand clean beach.  You don't have the heavy crowds like Daytona.  Its close to everything.  You can spend a day at Disney/Universal,Seaworld and swim with the Dolphins.  Keywest is a party town.  If you like to drink the keys is the place.  Not to good for children.  

Frozen_Peach
on 3/3/08 7:51 am

I don't drink soooo

this New Smyerna Beach sounds good...LOVE white sand and the fact that it's close to everything...

thank you for this tip!

MY DS  

<~~link

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views