Insurance question my Florida people

michelline
on 3/14/08 4:58 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 07/08/08 with

BCBSF as a company (there are exceptions for certain employer groups) excludes all  treatment for the diagnosis of Obesity.  This was company directive beginning January 2005.  (or 2006, I can't remember exactly).  Unfortunately, this means there is no hope of getting it covered.  I'm also covered by Blue and I'm having to self-pay :(

ReddCurrlz
on 4/10/08 5:02 am - Pinson, AL
I also have BCBSFL, Health Options, PPO.  I was instrumental in obtaining this plan for my employer and no rider was EVER offered to my boss but trust me, I DID discuss it with the agent in GREAT DETAIL since I knew I wanted it done, and when I went back and re-read the policy, I saw the exclusion. I was PISSED to say the very least. However, I talked to my agent's secretary, who used to work with BCBS and she said that she HAS seen it passed IF you meet certain criteria (medically necessary) butcha gotta just jump through the hoops, so I have my appt with Dr. Nye on the 22nd and we'll just take it from there. Keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed for me, and the others going through this horrible ordeal.  It's amazing that they don't even squinch at forking out 400 a month for meds to manage my diabetes, crohns, depression, back pain, high cholesterol, etc etc., it's simply PROPOSTEROUS and makes NO sense to make something that can cure those ailments almost 100% EXCLUDED.
CHEERS TO THE INSURANCE COMPANIES (being ficicious)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views