Fill Doctors

Paulabee
on 2/29/08 7:16 am
I live in Orange Park and am having my surgery on March 19 by Dr. Ortiz in Tiajuana.  Is there a fill doctor close to this area? Thanks, Paula
sandyfeets
on 2/29/08 11:01 am, edited 2/29/08 11:01 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

You might want to contact one of two doctor practices in Jacksonville....otherwise you are going to be looking at driving to Gainesville or Ocala.  

I do not know if either of these two surgical practices will accept patients that have had surgery out of the country. 

Steve Webb, Charles Welchel or John DePeri  of Memorial Hospital

or

Paul Chappano, MD and Javier Herrera, MD  of St. Vincents 

abandster
on 3/2/08 3:37 am

Dr. Cywes does not do fills on patients who were banded in Mexico and I really don't think that the doctors at Memorial or St. Vincent's do either.  But I'm with Sandy.....check and see what you can find out.  I'd start by calling Rhonda Rapp at Memorial's Bariatric office.  She should be able to give you some insight and tell you how to get in touch with Dr. Webb's bariatric practice, which is something separate than his doctor's office.

Dr. arema in St. Augustine at Flagler will be your next closest choice then, like Sandy said, Gainesville or Orlando.    There's a fill center in Orlando, its not cheap, but Jean (who is the bariatric cordinator for Dr. M at Flagler) should be able to give you the information about that.   You might also want to ask your Mexico doctor about who they recommend.  I know that if I were moving out of town, Dr. C has always told me that he could refer me to someone wherever I was going as all those guys seem to know all those guys. And I'm a support group leader so when you get back, let me know and maybe you can come to a meeting.  We meet in Mandarin on the 3rd Saturday of the month so it will be April before you can get there but we'd love to have you.  If you'd rather go to a night time meeting, there's one of those on a Tuesday night so let me know and I'll put you in touch with that support group leader if that works better for you. Good luck with your surgery. If I can answer any questions for you, please let me know.  I'd be happy to help, if I can.

dixxi_moon
on 3/2/08 4:32 am
hi there well i had surgery in mexico by dr rumbault in 2004 havent had a fill yet because i havent had the money to get it started and beings we went out of the country makes it cost more for us. but dr cywes in jacksonville has agreed to do my fills they are 150 but the first time i see him is going to be 800 because thats the fill the what its called where he looks at it the hosp. fee etc but after the first visit  alls i pay for is the fills for 150. now mind you this was a few years ago. i dont even know if he still has my records or what. also dr kim in celebration down by kissimmie dose mexico patients but he costed me 1000 to be excepted by him i paid it but then gas shot up so much and i live in keystone heights there by op i couldnt afford the trips i only got a sample fill that day. i do not know if they take mexico patients it might be just my dr's patients because dr. kim knows dr. rumbault personaly and he was trained in the united states and dr kim is a friend of dr cywes. but you might try him i think he is/was on beach blvd. im realloy worried about my condition because dr kim said he wouldnt have placed a band that size on someone my size and i have gained atleast 50 pounds since surgery. dont know what im doing to the band because im basicly to poor to find out. i won my surgery from a internet contest based out of nevada.
Kristen H.
on 3/2/08 6:06 am - Orlando, FL
US bariatric no longer accepts new patients who were banded elsewhere.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
dixxi_moon
on 3/2/08 4:34 am
oh and dr henderson here in the brunswick ga area dose do them but wants 2500 to be a patient. i  asled this in dec 07.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views