To LapBand or to RNY??

chinalinda
on 2/29/08 10:21 am - FL
I have been researching RNY since 2004 and I think this is the best on. This Surgery will give you 70-80%of weight loss of your weight leaving you at a healthy weight and if you were going to think in my opinion of the mortality think of hapving a surgery of regaining your weight back and being at  risk of dying because of obesity. with all respect to te Lap banders out there but every surgery is a  risk you just have to deie on which is best acording to your situation  and yor body. Good Luck with your research. God bless all. EstherA
Redhaired
on 3/1/08 5:58 am - Mouseville, FL
The DS has the record for no long term regain of all of the surgeries. 

Kim C.
on 3/2/08 3:42 am - Near Ottawa, Canada
I personnally had the RNY but now wish that I had the DS,  I truly believe that it is the better of the two surgeries.  With RNY you can gain your weight back with DS it does not come back.  Even though I have lost tons of weight, I am constantly worried that it will come back.  My opinion only.
YOU CAN ONLY TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME

Kim

native2u
on 3/3/08 12:40 am - Merritt Island, FL
Thank you Redhaired & Kim C. My eyes, ears and mind are open. I still haven't decided which to have completely. I'm leaning towards RNY, but I listening to everything and I'm still studing my options. Tomorrow morning is my consultation at Dr. Jawad's office. I'm excited, but nervous.
shoegirl1023
on 3/4/08 4:29 am - Solon, OH
Hi, I had RNY in Dec of 05. I was originally scheduled for LAP Banding, but 3 weeks before surgery,  I changed my mind to RNY, I know the band is successful for some people, but I had heard that RNY was even more of a success, of course, you have to follow your program otherwise nothing is a success, after all, we have been given a tool and the rest is up to us. I just knew that for me I mentally would do better with the RNY, and to date and 110lbs later, I have been a success, but I work hard every day, one day at a time, to keep the momentum going. So, my personal opinion on this is if you are going in for surgery, and you want long term success go for the RNY, it's well worth it in the end. I wish you much luck and success in whichever surgery you choose, either way it's going to get you healthy. Take care

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views