Mike Eak??

John Hoffmann
on 2/6/08 10:08 am, edited 2/6/08 10:10 am - Baltimore, MD
Hey gang, has anyone heard from Mike Eak?  He used to be on here all the time, I havent seen him around nor has his profile been updated in many months.  Him and I had our surgeries around the same time as I recall.  I private messaged him a few days ago and havent heard back from him.  Just wondering how he was doing.  If anyone has any idea, please let me know.  Thanks. John
tmn9761
on 2/7/08 8:46 am - New Port Richey, FL
Hi John ~ Mike was kind enough to guide another board member seeking cruise information my way about two weeks or so ago.  That's the last I've heard from him.  Hmmm...Mike?  Are you there???

~ Terri - Come on and CRUISE TO LOSE with us!

Michael Eak
on 2/11/08 7:47 pm, edited 2/11/08 7:55 pm - Largo, FL
Hey John, Terri and all. I'm here and everywhere maybe too much everywhere else. As I've gotten so busy with the Saint Cecelia Catholic Church - Youth Ministry. As an associate Minister known as the Core Team for Life Teen (High School) & Edge (Jr.High). Something I had wanted to do but 300 pounds heavier made it impossible.  I'll be in Boca Raton for "Steubenville" a Youth Rally for June 13th, 14th & 15th '07. As I've also gotten my CDL-B license through the churches help, to drive their buses. I even fit comfortable behind the steering wheel. The pay is excellent too. More feathers for my future wings when God calls me home. But hopefully not in the near too soon future.

Santa Claus once again played a Very Big part of my Christmas Season, which was very touching at times & very profitable too. But their were sad times too. Fatima & I are just friends now. I feel as with many, it was WLS related results. Plus her spoiled 15 going on 19yo daughter. But were still very good friends. She also volunteers for Saint Cecelia's Life Teen in charge of the Kitchen for our Youth House.

And now also starting to wiggle back into the Work Force.  I'm on SS Disability and working P/T. But the funds are just not enough to start saving for future plastics. So I've taken the opportunity with a program called the "Ticket To Work".  Which I get to keep my full pay & Medicare for 9 months Then I'll lose the payments but get to keep the Medicare with no medical reviews for 5 years.  But the upside also is through Florida Vocational Rehab, I'm getting all the training and licenses paid for (which is really like re-certification) my State Licenses back into Law Enforcement, to include Security & Investigations. The with this & the CDL license possible Executive Protection details.

I got down in weight to 420lbs. BUT got slack with exercise and watching what I was eating. And have gained back 50 pounds. I had an Upper GI done recently to find that my pouch has stretched out sideways. Making it maybe impossible to place the Lap Banding on to of as was the plan from before receiving my RNY. So in the mean time just last week I re-joined Weigh****chers to hopefully get back on track as my brain is not controlling my cravings. And I have a buddy there, another reason for attending. Which is becoming very personable.

I'd be on the Band Wagon for bring OH to Florida BUT I was told to NOT be involved by OH as I got the feeling they thought I was mis-representing OH as though I was employee. It put such a dampner on my attitude of OH. And we have stepped down as a Support Group Leaders, but still help with our Surgeon's (Dr.Rehnke) Support Groups as time allows, at the Palms of Pasadena Hospital in St.Petersburg. IF a OH conference does come to Florida. I may attend to see everyone but I will not help. 

OH I almost forgot but I got my WISH from Santa too. Look at my picture,,,, My Teeth are all fixed.

So I check here about once or so a week now and will post when I feel compelled. As some on here & other boards question my replies now & then as though I didn't know whatever.

It's My Life and I'm still moving or losing it forward, Mike
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
Michael Eak
on 5/20/15 9:59 am - Saint Petersburg, FL

Well HI Everyone. I'm still Living. But now putting up with my Panni. Just found out after two month pursuit to have my hanging belly removed that I was denied through Humana here in Tampa Bay. My Appeal Process starts tomorrow as I'm researching today. Oh I've reached the 400 mark, down now 450 lbs.

Apparently I have two OH Profiles (wish there was a simple way to combine them. Mike33756   &   Mike-Eak

My life is much better now though would be even better without the Panni. I drive buses for Eckerd College P/T but would become F/T  once my belly is removed making it easier to get around.

Mike   727-643-5532   [email protected]

B Girl
on 2/12/08 9:31 am
Hi Mike, It's so nice to hear what you're up to these days.  You were definitely one of the people that inspired me from the very beginning.  Just this time last year I was beginning my WLS journey.  You probably won't remember this, but you were my first OH friend.  :-) On the other hand, I'm sorry to hear about the downs you've experienced recently.  Relationships are difficult, but I'm glad to hear that you and Fatima are still friends.  I don't even know where to begin with the OH thing.  That's just silly.  I remember you contributing a lot of personal effort and time to get folks interested in the meet and greet.  I was sad that I couldn't attend last year, because I wanted to me you.  Perhaps both of our schedules will work out and they'll have another event in Florida this year.  Heck, sometimes it's better not to help out, because then you can just relax and enjoy the event. You mentioned that the band isn't an appropriate revision for you.  Have you thought about the DS?  It's covered by Medicare these days from what I hear.  You may benefit from the malabsorption the DS offers.  Just a thought.... Alison
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views