new to fla

sucker111
on 2/1/08 10:17 pm
hello all i just moved down here from nj was wondering if anyone here knows of surrport groups in the miami area and any good docs need to find new one here and no dr sosa will not take me on he did not do the surgery .i hade open rny 14 mo ago down well below goal now loss 250 lbs and trin like to gain some back .so i guess baseically im looking for a wls freind to trade off war storys thanks for any feed back on here  framkie
g8ergrly331
on 2/2/08 1:42 am
Dr. WM. Todd Overcash in Ocala, FL He is a pro at revision surgery :) good luck!
miniplk
on 2/4/08 2:45 am - Davie, FL
Welcome to Florida and congratulations on your fabulous weight loss. I had an open RNY in 2000 and am always working on maintaining my weight loss. You are in a fabulous place right now. Enjoy every moment of it. I run an independent support group for veteran WLS patients. It is free and open to all WLS patients more than one year post op. We meet in Hollywood, Fl on the third Thursday of each month at 7 pm. If you send me your e mail address I can put you on my e mail list so you will receive meeting announcements as well as my newsletter on local news for WLS veterans. It is very important for you to find a bariatric surgeon in South Florida. I know from my own personal experience that even many years down the line you could have a complication that only a bariatric surgeon will recognize and know how to deal with. Just 6 mos ago I had an emergency intestinal obstruction which required surgery. My surgeon had retired since my RNY and I had to convince a bariatric surgeon to take me on. I will be more than happy to provide you with information on all the bariatric surgeons in Miami-Dade and Broward counties. I know almost all of them becuase of my independent support group. I look forward to meeting you soon, Paula
melati
on 2/19/08 5:22 am - Miami, FL
In Miami hands down Dr. de la Cruz is the most supportive--not sure if he takes on other patients though. Check out his OH patient forum!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views