Decisions....anyone know of Dr Kenneth Larson and Dr Jawad?

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/08 8:44 am - FL
I am trying to see if anyone has used either... how do you check their history...stats...medical info?  all I get is healthgrades FREE report for just $7.99....lol....FREE? Going to decide soon....one is 6 hours away and very popular at a CENTER OF EXCELLENCE  w/out hosp priv'sand other private practice with hospital priv's.... credentials on both seem phenomenal... Thanks!
da wright one
on 1/31/08 9:30 am - Lady Lake, FL
I haven't had surgery yet, but I hear Dr. Jawad is a very good doctor, and that he has a good bed side manner.  He performed sugery  for my aunt, and a friend, and they give him nothing but praise.  He has a website and if you click on find a bariatric surgeon I'm pretty sure you'll find some info there, maybe even other people on OH that went to him as well.  You'll also find his website address!! Good Luck! Cicily 
da wright one
on 1/31/08 9:39 am - Lady Lake, FL
once you click on find a bariatric surgeon, click on the state of Florida, Then scroll down to Dr. Jawad name and click on it.  His picture will come up, scroll down and one of the tabs will say patient reveiws, click on that and you'll have pages of comments from his patients.  You may find the other doctor as well. Cicily
Sandy W.
on 1/31/08 10:51 am - Spring Hill, FL
I had Dr J and he is wonderful.  He really makes sure you know what you are doing and helps you along the way.  I would highly recommend him.  I had surgery on July 2, no problems except the milk, cannot have real milk anymore, but I have already lost over 75 lbs.  Kevin is his Nurse and he is also wonderful.  Worth the trip.  Check out his forum as well as his web site.  He has also a great support groups in Orlando and Ocala.   Good luck with your decision. Sandy
Redhaired
on 1/31/08 12:48 pm - Mouseville, FL
You can check out your surgeon (or any licensed professional)  free through the state of Florida.  http://ww2.doh.state.fl.us/IRM00profiling/searchform.asp

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/08 5:17 am - FL
Going with the local Dr who has associate with 30 yrs experience...at peace with my decision...hoping my hormone imbalance doesnt prevent me from having surgery....I am under endocrinologist care and also seeking second opinion due to my wonder of how she is managing my situation...thanks for the replies all...
xraynail
on 2/3/08 3:39 am - Okeechobee, FL
Hi, I am using Dr.Larsons partner Dr.Simon. Dr.Larson only does lapband and I am having rny. They are both nice,so are the girls in the office. Laurie

Highest373/Surgery335/Goal 175 
PLUS 38 POUNDS LOST PRYOR TO SURGERY

Maggi K.
on 2/4/08 2:29 am - Royal Palm Beach, FL

I used Dr. Larson.  I think he is awesome!!  He is young looking, but has a ton on knowledge and he is personable.  He does the lapband.  He and Dr. Simon moved in together at JFK to make a Center of Excellence.  I met Dr. Jawad at a conference in Orlando, he seemed very nice and all of his patients loved him.

I guess it just depends on your comfort zone.

Maggi

"Nothing is worth more than this day,"  Goethe

ssflbelle
on 6/1/08 7:04 am, edited 6/1/08 7:05 am - West Palm Beach, FL
Dr Larson and Dr. Simon may have moved in together to JFK to make a Center of Excellence but they still are not a Center of Excellence and I can't have my surgery there even though they are just around the corner from me and the Doctors are on my plan .  Who knows when it will become a Center of Excellence so I am looking further South for one that is already a Center of Excellence and a Dr on my Medicare Advantage plan. It may turn out to be Dr. Bass at Memorial Regional Hospital a 50 minute drive for me.  I just spent several hours filling out the on line form and I hope to hear from them in 7 to 10 business days.
Maggi K.
on 6/1/08 7:29 am - Royal Palm Beach, FL

You are right, they are not yet a Center of Excellence.  That is why they went in together, to get the title after they have completed enough of the surgeries.  I love Dr. Larson.  He and his staff have been nothing but wonderful to me.   I also like Dr. Simon's staff, but I wouldn't have him touch me.  My parents had some serious problems with their health and in his infinite wisdom he felt there was nothing else to be done.  Fortunately his partners disagreed.  My mother lived another 10 years after that and my dad had an AAA fixed and is healthier than ever at 83.  When I went to see Dr. Simon about a RNY he never looked at me, touched me, but did read my paperwork to tell me that I would be an excellent candidate.  I lost all respect for him.

My girlfriend LOVES him though.  So it just depends on your preference.

Good luck!!

Maggi

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views