Shands BC BS FL - Does it cover surgery?

Carol M.
on 1/27/08 3:57 am - White Springs, FL
We have BC BS Florida thru Shands.   Does anyone know if it covers the lapband surgery and what the requirements are? I have an appointment with Dr. Ben-David in Feb.  He is at UF in Gainesville. Thanks Carol
xraynail
on 1/27/08 3:39 pm - Okeechobee, FL
Hi, you should call your employer or the isn company to see if it is covered and what their requirements are. good Luck Laurie

Highest373/Surgery335/Goal 175 
PLUS 38 POUNDS LOST PRYOR TO SURGERY

da wright one
on 1/29/08 9:23 am - Lady Lake, FL
I don't think BCBS covers Lap Band at all!  Call your insurance company to see what WLS they cover. Good luck! Cicily
Purple Lotus
on 1/29/08 1:37 pm - FL
Yes it does!  I have the same doctor and I work at Shands.  You're the first person I've met on the boards who is seeing him!  I liked him a LOT.  Good luck!  If you have any questions I would be glad to try to answer them.  I'm pre-op but all done with my tests & consults, and waiting for BCBS approval right now.

Purple Lotus              my s!

Carol M.
on 1/29/08 1:42 pm - White Springs, FL
YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank yoU!  You have made my night. I am going to try to email you.
Carol M.
on 1/30/08 12:39 am - White Springs, FL
In case anyone does a search and needs to know... Shands BCBS does not exclude WLS and it does not exclude lapband.  They do not require certain paperwork only that the dr feels you need the surgery. NIce :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views