Avmed Open Access State of Florida

privatepath1
on 1/26/08 7:21 am - NF City, FL
Does anyone out there know how Avmed is about approving RNY and how long it takes?  I guess I am geting too anxious.  Basically, I am healthy except for high blood pressure and a BMI of 47!!!  What are my chances of getting approved? Lynne
Home

Sponsored and Operated by FertilityFriend.com || Comments/Suggestions || Help
©1998-2008 Tamtris Web Services Inc. - All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service/Privacy Policy

JUNEA1948
on 1/27/08 1:57 am - FL

I have AVMED Open Access and it took me almost one year because I did not have my 6 months doctor supervised diet.  You need to make sure you have done EVERYTHING they want.  My first denial was w/i 2 wks.  After I appealed it took about 3-4 weeks.  I am scheduled for RNY 021908.  Good luck abd God Bless.      June

June Ann

privatepath1
on 1/27/08 2:51 am - NF City, FL
JUNEA1948
on 1/27/08 11:20 pm - FL
Have you had your initial visit w/your surgeon?  They give you a list of what is needed before surgery and this all goes to the insurance company.  Like: sleep apnea test, endroscopy, see a shrink, etc.  This is all needed for your surgeon and by the insurance co.  Good Luck/God Bless

June Ann

Beatriz A.
on 1/28/08 3:40 am - Sunny Miami, FL
I have Avmed thru the State of Florida and my approval took 3 days. I went to see the doctor and made sure had all the requirements before submitting to Avmed. I did not have to have 6 months of supervised dieting documented, but I had everything else done(sleep apnea, psycho evaluation, and so forth). Good luck on your journey!.
Beatriz
Amyamy253
on 2/14/08 10:32 am - Starke, FL
Don't worry!  I had exactly the same thing.  High blood pressure and a BMI of 46.  It took my 2 weeks to be approved by Avmed Open.  Do you work for the state also?  Your chances of being approved are great.  Make sure the letter your doctor sends list all the problems you weight has caused you such as "sexual dysfunction" "low self-esteem" and possibly depression.  A good Doctor will help you build it up.  Don't worry.  I have my surgery on 2-25-08.  I can't wait.  I am nervous and excited all at the same time.  Good luck to you and let me know if you get approved.                                 Amy G.
privatepath1
on 2/15/08 1:56 am - NF City, FL
Thank you, Amy.  It only took Avmed 1week to approve me.  My surgery is 3/17/2008.  I see that we are using the same surgeon!! Good luck, Lynne Check your page for your messages, I will be sending you one.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views