Orlando Support Group Meeting Reminder

slimderella
on 1/25/08 4:53 am - Orlando, FL
Just a reminder that The Weight's Over of Central Florida (WOCF) is having its monthly support group meeting next week on Wed., January 30th at 7 PM at the Herndon Library (4324 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL  32803).  All pre- and post-op patients as well as their support members are welcome to join us.  For more information please feel free to contact me at: [email protected].  I hope to see you soon! Have a great weekend! ~ Monica Support Group Leader
am4given
on 1/25/08 7:24 am - Orlando, FL
Hello, my name is Josephine.  It's been a very long time since my WLS and I honestly can't even remember the date...somewhere in 1999??  I don't know but I do know I've been in denial all this time.  Though I have surfed this site hundreds of time I was too embarrassed to admit my WLS, didn't even mentioned it to friends and family, and totally blocked the fact that I did need WLS to reach any accomplishment in weight loss.  Well, I am coming clean today.  I need HELP!  I weigh in at 290 at the time of surgery, over the months, years I came down to 140.  However, I manage to drink cokes, candy, cookies, chips right pass any dumping syndrome and I am slowly gaining weight.  I am up to 169.  Yep, total denial.  Until today.  I made an appt for today to Dr. Overcash Office who I haven't seen in over 6-7 years.  WHEW!  What a rude awakening.  He let me have it.  I didn't get a word edgewise other than what I told him I was eating...I couldn't even finish the sentence.  He told me I had to go back to the beginning.  The beginning!  I was stunned, I sat in fear, embarrassed, and sadden.  Sad that after all that hard work I would throw it out the window just like that.  So, he told me only 1/3 C of protein three times a day.  NOTHING ELSE!!  Only liquids with no calories.  Hmmm!  How am I ever going to do this??  I need help.  My husband vows he is by my side...he always has.  So, as I search for foods high in protein and adjust to this 1/3C meal I come across your reminder.  Do I dare join you?  It's gonna be hard.  But, hey I am down for anything.  I want to do this and refuse to throw it all away.  I will probably be the one sitting in the back pcking up my face off the ground from all this chaos I have cause to myself.  Thanks for allowing me to vent. Am4given (Josephine)
alpat1027
on 1/26/08 1:53 am - Dothan, AL
Listen to me, aleast you went back to the dr. and got talked to the way you needed or else you wouldn't be here. I was banded in 03, and I go to support meeting at the hos. here in Dothan,Al every month, we need to keep are hard work in check, the ones that drop out I see around town and you guested it, there going up again. So, go and join this group, I'm going to be down in St. Cloud that day,but its a little to far for me to come. So, now stop kicking yourself and start the hard work, I'll be  praying your do great.
am4given
on 1/26/08 6:15 am - Orlando, FL
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement.  You are right at least I did go to the MD and I am doing something about it.  Well, yesterday was the worst.  I got out my scale, shop for my waters, meals, and cleaned out my pantry and fridge if you know what I mean.  But, you know what??? I stuck with it!!!  TO THE TEE!  I am actually going to do this.  Thank God and all those praying for me.  THANKS once again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views