Need Gastro Doc in the area

JudyE
on 1/24/08 4:24 am
Hello everyone on Florida Forum!!  I am new here from Texas by way of Atlanta. I have just found out that I have to have my gallbladder taken out and I do not know of any Gastroentologist in the area.  My Dr. (who is also new to me) gave me a referral but I would rather have a Dr. that is familiar with patients who have had gastric bypass surgery before I decide who will do my surgery.  I know this is a relatively minor surgery but I really need to establish a relationship with a gastro bypass Dr here in Florida for followups anyway. Can anyone reccommend some good ones please. I live in the Hunters Creek area of Orlando. Thank you! Judy E.
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/08 10:45 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Judy.. I've been here almost 2 1/2 years (Orlando).  I tried looking for a doctor, but they seem to be scarce here! There's a Dr. Overcash (I believe in Ocala) that does bypass surgery..and there's another doctor at Celebration Health (Dr. Kim) but he doesn't see patients who have had surgery with other doctors!! Right now I just deal with my primary care doc and luckily things have been fine with me.  No problems, thank goodness.  I'll ask my sis about a gastro doc.  She sees one.  She's asleep right now so I won't call her.. lol.. I'll check back with you, or email me if you'd like at [email protected].  All the best!!
FrancesG
on 1/24/08 5:50 pm - Kissimmee, FL
try Dr. Jawad,,he is based in Ocala but he has a remote office here in Orlando....see he site.. jawadmd.com...also here you can find him..he is really good..great people also works with him

315/185/175

JudyE
on 1/24/08 9:22 pm
I am surprised there are not more choices in the area. I will try to get an appt with De. Jawad. thanks for your reply. Judy
JudyE
on 1/24/08 9:21 pm
Thank Riquena,  I was hoping to get in touch with Dr. Kim but i see from your post that will not be worth the effort.  Too Bad.  Ocala is a bit far to go for Dr Overcash.   I have an internist and guess I will keep seeing her for now. She has given me the name of a surgeon for the gall bladder surgery and I guess i will have to see him if I cannot get in with one of the bypass surgeons. thank you for your reply! Judy
Redhaired
on 1/25/08 6:16 am, edited 1/25/08 6:16 am - Mouseville, FL
You might want to get in touch with Dr. Lou Harold.  He does the RNY and is a general surgeon.  I know that he works out of Health Central and I think ORMC.  My PCP called him in when I had a problem even though he does not do the DS.  Fortunately I never needed a surgeon.   http://louharoldmd.com/index.html Red Edited to add:  My gastro doc is Stephen Brint. 

slimderella
on 1/25/08 4:48 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Judy. I lead a support group here in Orlando, and we actually have a new sponsor for the group that performs both the LapBand and gastric bypass. His name is Dr. Wiljon Beltre and he is lcoated in Altamonte Springs, about a 30 minute drive from the Hunter's Creek area. His phone # iss: (407) 830-6868. I also have personal experience with Dr. Overcash as he was my surgeon when I had my own surgery done over 3 years ago.  If you have any other questions or concerns you can e-mail me too at: [email protected] Good luck, and welcome to Orlando. ~ Monica www.WOCF.org
JudyE
on 1/25/08 8:35 pm
Monica, thank you for the info.  I am surprised there are not more choices in the area. Judy
JudyE
on 1/25/08 8:38 pm
Thank you all for the helpful info.  I am glad to find the Florida forum helpful, active and knowledgable!  Look forward to meeting some of you at some of the support meetings. judy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views