Hello, newbie from Miami

Aphrodites
on 1/22/08 6:01 am - FL
Hi everyone! This is my first time on the Florida board, glad I found it. I'm hoping to find others like me having RNY or that have had it in the South Florida area. I was originally going to have surgery in Mexico, but because of things out of my control there have been a change of plans. I am currently looking at two doctors. They are Dr. Atul Madan and the other is Dr. Nestor de La Cruz. Has anyone ever used them or going to use them. Feedback is greatly appreciated. Is there anyone here that is from Miami? I would like to make friends and finally have someone who I can talk to about surgery. I can't really talk to people around me because bottom line they are all afraid I will die. No matter how much I tell them this surgery is just as dangerous as any other many of them just believe what they hear in the media. Anyways hope to see many of you on the board and tia for any advise.  Johanna
Redhaired
on 1/24/08 10:09 pm - Mouseville, FL
Johanna- You have another option now that Dr. Gagner is at Mt Sinai at MIami Beach.  He is a wonderful DS surgeon.  He is well published and highly respected. Red

Beatriz A.
on 1/25/08 1:04 am - Sunny Miami, FL
Hi Johanna: I can recomend Dr Anthony Gonzalez. I had surgery Dec 06 at South Miami Hospital. Feel free to PM if you have any questions which you feel I can help you. I will be more than happy to help you. Beatriz
Beatriz
Luvitsunny
on 1/26/08 6:58 am - Sunny South, FL
Hi Aphrodites. I live in Miami but chose US Bariatric in Fort Laudersale when I decided to have WLS over four years ago.    Dr. de la Cruz,, I believe, practices at Mercy Hospital, right?  I did my nursing practi**** at Mercy Hospital.  I like the hospital.  I've heard postive things about Dr. de la Cruz.  You might want to compare So. Miami Hospital, too. ( Dr. Verdeja)  Both have "center of excellance" programs.  Let me know...email me....I will be happy to support you in your journey.

See God's track record in your journey,

decide that you will trust Him. 

StaceyS
on 1/26/08 7:14 am - Coral Springs, FL
Hi Johanna, I don't know anything about your doctors, but I wanted to tell you that the support groups at Cleveland Clinic Weston are open to everyone.  The next one is Monday at 5PM.  If you want more information, feel free to PM me. Stacey

Highest - 330     Liquid diet - 326   Surgery day -  308.5
AOL IM: Staceyshoppersfl

Aphrodites
on 1/28/08 3:01 am - FL
I just wanted to thank everyone for your great welcome and suggestions. So much has happened since I last posted. I finally got the financing I needed for the  surgery and I've decided that I will have my surgery with Dr. Nestor de la Cruz. I already have my first consultation with him next Thursday and I'm going to his seminar soon. I'm soo excited I can hardly contain it. WOOT!!! Thanks everyone and I hope to be on the losers bench soon.
jeny4752
on 1/29/08 8:49 pm - Miami, FL
Hello fellow Miamier - I had the gastric sleeve with Dr. Whitwell in Miami, Fl, at South Miami Hospital.  Let me know if you have any questions, he is a great doctor!!  Highly recommend him!

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/08 11:33 pm
Im a fellow Miamian too!  Im having my RNY surgery with Dr. Sosa on 2/29. Anyone have any iput on him?Or know of anyone who's had their surgery with him?  I do know his practice is a "center of excellence".
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views