Anyone have surgery with Dr. Rosenthal?

Lisa H.
on 1/21/08 10:39 am - Fort Myers, FL

Just curious what you think about him and the program at Cleveland Clinic in Weston, Florida. Thanks for your input!

RnY 2/11/08
HIGHEST 323/ PREOP 299/ CURRENT 155 (as of 9/1/09)

John Hoffmann
on 1/21/08 12:15 pm - Baltimore, MD
Hey Lisa, congrats on your upcoming surgery.  I had RNY with Dr. Rosenthal on 4/10/06.  Could'nt have had better care, both by him and the CCF staff.  The place is really nice.  If you end up staying, as I did, every room is private (or at least they were when I was there) and the service was excellent.  I highly recommend Dr. Rosenthal and CCF.  Which reminds me, I have to make an appointment for my 2 year follow up.  Good luck and be well. John

John 

sardeb
on 1/22/08 12:56 am - Weston, FL
Lisa, I loved everything about the CCF program.  I used Dr. Rosenthal in February of 2006 for the Roux en y gastric bypass.  He and his staff are wonderful.  Because CCF is a teaching hospital, Dr. Rosenthal does have his surgical fellows follow the cases, so there are times that you will see them and not him in the followups.  However each one that I have seen has been just as nice and knowlegeable, and they do not hesitate to get Dr. Rosenthal if necessary.  The support afterwards is very good as well.  I still attend the support groups every month.  The cleveland clinic gives you a book at your first visit and it tells you EVERYTHING you should be eating and when, what type and how much vitamins, etc.  If you follow it.....your weightloss journey will be successful.  Whenever you have questions or concerns....phone calls and emails are always answered promptly.  If you have any furthers questions you can email me. Debbie

Debbie
302 / 135 / 112
Preop /  goal /  Current

StaceyS
on 1/22/08 8:04 am, edited 1/22/08 8:05 am - Coral Springs, FL

Hi Lisa, I can't say enough good things about Dr. Rosenthal and the staff at CCW. I had excellent care and the support groups there are wonderful. Dr. Rosenthal did my sleeve on August 20 and I couldn't be happier with my decision. Feel free to PM at any time if you want to talk more. Stacey

Highest - 330     Liquid diet - 326   Surgery day -  308.5
AOL IM: Staceyshoppersfl

Lisa H.
on 1/22/08 9:43 am - Fort Myers, FL
Thanks for your feedback. So far I have had a pretty good experience. I think the manual could be a little more clear but overall I am happy with my choice of the Cleveland Clinic. Surgery is 2/11 so I am counting down the days:-)

RnY 2/11/08
HIGHEST 323/ PREOP 299/ CURRENT 155 (as of 9/1/09)

John Hoffmann
on 1/22/08 10:31 am - Baltimore, MD
Lisa, your right, if it's the same manual I got 2 years ago, it really sucks.  I guess it's the best they could do, some parts look like they were written by/for kids.  Oh well, if thats the worse I can say about CCF, thats not so bad. John

John 

Qbandiva
on 1/26/08 2:27 am - Naples, FL
Hi There. I'm an alumni of Dr. Rosenthal. He is THE BOMB! Very knowledgable and caring. He and Dr Szomstein are both dedicated to helping the obese. Carol and Karen are terrific. Even with all the complications I had they were always there for me.  I loved the manual - had no problems with it. It became my bible.  I wish you luck and one little tip - make sure you attend the monthly meetings, Keep in touch with your nutritionist and you will be fine!
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."   "Be yourself....everyone else is taken"

Before: 348 (01/01/2005) 
After:   165
VNVNCNTWLSN
on 3/5/08 6:24 pm - CLEARWATER, FL
EXCELLENT PROGRAM.  I HAD MY LAP GASTRIC BYPASS WITH DR. ROSENTHAL 1/24/08 AT CLEVELAND CLINIC.  GREAT FACILITY.  I RECEIVED AWESOME CARE AND AM VERY SATISFIED.  I HAVE LOST 64 POUNDS SO FAR.  GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views