Orlando Support Groups?

Kristen H.
on 1/16/08 9:26 am - Orlando, FL
I met a nice couple tonight. The man is three years post-op LAP-BAND, and is in need of an Orlando-based support group since he travels a lot. Celebration is a bit far for him.

He is going to call me *tomorrow,* and I am hoping that someone here knows of an Orlando-based group to which I can refer him.

Monica, where are you??

Thanks everyone!!
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Redhaired
on 1/19/08 7:48 am - Mouseville, FL
Kristen- There is a support group that meets at Health Central. 

Jan Ocala
on 1/19/08 9:50 am - Ocala, FL
Dr. Jawad has a support group that meets in Orlando each month.  I bet if a person went to JawadMD.com and emailed Kevin, it would be ok to attend.  Hope that helps.
JudyE
on 1/20/08 10:32 pm
I am new to Orlando (moved here recently from TX by way of GA).  Can you give me the info on the support group that meets in Celebration?  I am only a few miles from Celebration.  Give details as I am still new to the area. Thanks Judy E
Damarislyn
on 1/24/08 3:02 pm - ORLANDO, FL

Hi

My name is Aillyn.  I wen't to the info. meeting at Celebration for the first time on Wednesday.  I know that they have Info. meetings every week but I don't know yet when they have the support groups.  You can call Kristen Howell at the U.S. Bariatric at Celebration for more specifics at (407) 303-4574.

JudyE
on 1/24/08 9:25 pm
Thanks Aillyn, I will give Kristen a call. Judy
RondaR12
on 1/25/08 12:26 pm

Hi! I know that one of the support groups in Celebration meets on the 2nd Wednesday of every month.  They are at the same time, but one is focused on more medical issues with Dr. Kim, and the other is focused on the psychological changes, with yourself and relationships, with Dr. Ferguson. They are very welcoming and great people.  I haven't had the surgery yet, but everyone there was open to having a newcomer!  Have fun!

Ronda RT

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views