anyone in west palm Beach

vickie1973
on 1/8/08 7:04 am - Palm Beach Gardens , FL
H I am a complete newbie here I will be having thr lap band down in a few weeks date needs to be determined. Just wanted to make some friends who are local and if not have some more ppl to talk to about wls and stuff.  thanks!!
John Hoffmann
on 1/8/08 11:05 am - Baltimore, MD
Hey Vickie, I'm just down the I in Boynton Beach.  Welcome to the site and good luck with your lap band surgery.  I had RNY in 4/06, couldnt be happier with the results.  I lost 250 pounds in the first year.  Feel free to check out my profile. Always feel free to write if you have any questions, need advice or just want to vent.  Always happy to make new friends and help out.  Be well. John

John 

vickie1973
on 1/8/08 11:48 am - Palm Beach Gardens , FL
Thanks John!! and congrats on your weight loss I am excited and nervous for mine I will keep you posted when the surgery happens. I would like to add you as a friend too.
Redhaired
on 1/8/08 9:46 pm - Mouseville, FL
Welcome to the Florida board.  I hope your surgery goes well. Red

vickie1973
on 1/9/08 1:41 am - Palm Beach Gardens , FL
Thank you!!
Maggi K.
on 1/9/08 12:41 am - Royal Palm Beach, FL

hi!  I'm a patient of Dr. Larson.  I love him!!  I live in Royal Palm.  PM me and maybe we can chat!!

Maggi

"Nothing is worth more than this day,"  Goethe

xraynail
on 1/13/08 4:56 pm - Okeechobee, FL
Hi, there I live in Okeechobee, I am using Dr. Simon, he's in the same office as Dr. Larson they work together on all there paitents. I am going to the meeting on the 16 will you be there? I would love to meet some people that are not to far away from me. Laurie

Highest373/Surgery335/Goal 175 
PLUS 38 POUNDS LOST PRYOR TO SURGERY

vickie1973
on 1/18/08 12:01 am - Palm Beach Gardens , FL
Hi Laurie thanks for your reply. I thought the support class is next Monday I have to double check. I have not been good at going to these meetings. I didn't check your profile yet so when did you do the surgery how much have you lost and how do you feel? I am awaiting approval I have gone through everything to do just waiting....errrrrr i want this to happen so tired of trying everything and nothing works. Anyways do you want to be friends here so we can chat?
jgas3
on 1/17/08 6:35 pm - Port Saint Lucie , FL
HI Vickie I'm Joe in port st lucie i had rny on 12-4-07 down about 55 lbs in 6 weeks. i was wondering did your Dr. or you want do do the lapband? Thats what i wanted to do .....so i really didnt have to change my eating habbits. The Dr. said that i would still have that "hole" in my tummy,telling me i was still hungrey. so i opt'ed for the RNY.......nothing i hate worst then te "hole" telling me to eat and eat now! lol I now just have to beat the mind games that i am going through. Its a tough choice and i wish you luck! Do yourself a favor and talk to the Dr again......i'm sure you wont wanna go through the surgey again if the LB fails.......i'm sure it wont........but i am the devils avdocate........ joe
vickie1973
on 1/17/08 11:57 pm - Palm Beach Gardens , FL
Thanks Joe for your reply. I made the choice of having the Lap Band procedure. I have put alot of thought into it. Have spoke to alot of ppl who either have done it or know someone who has done it. I am just waiting to be approved byut my insurance is giving me a headache stating that my papers that were faxed over do not indicate if this is a medical neccessity. I do not have any health problems accept that i am 98 lbs overweight. I have lost 12 lbs since july with the nutrisionist at the bariatric center and for a moment I was having second thoughts but I know I need this WLS I can't do it by myself. Anyways I would like to chat with you again it's nice to have someone who went through WLS to talk with. Let's be friends.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views