Saggy Skin?

Purple Lotus
on 12/26/07 5:38 pm - FL
I'm sure I'm about the millionth person who has asked this type of question.  But I worry alot about sagging skin.  I have around 120 pounds to lose.  Has anyone had experience with losing around this amount of weight, and if so what was your skin like?  I really don't want/ can't afford plastics any time in the near future, so I'm hoping with exercise I can minimize the sagging.  I see SO much mention about it, but I'm wondering if it's mostly with people who lost more, or is it an issue that affects most anyone who loses this quickly?  Thanks for any input.

Purple Lotus              my s!

Tami H.
on 12/27/07 6:26 am - Winter Park, FL
toning always helps, muscle helps define our arms and thighs.  Creams help to a point.  But some skin recovers better than others.  I did well, have a saggy butt, but my arms are ok.  This is something you just have to expect, do your best to av oid with exercise and toning, but if it happens, its better than being 2x!  Sorry I couldn't help much....just depends! blessings, Tami
Purple Lotus
on 12/28/07 5:14 am - FL
Oh it is most definitely worth it, no doubt about that!  I just always have to find something to worry/obsess about. lol

Redhaired
on 12/28/07 2:59 am - Mouseville, FL
The skin issue is entirely dependant on age, genetics, how long one has been obese, where you carry your weight and a myriad of other issues.  Some people do not have issues with hanging skin and others do.  It is not entirely tied to how much weight you lose.  According to my PS while exercise may help with muscle definition and thereby fill in the skin a little -- exercise is not going to do a thing for really sagging skin. Red

C-There
on 12/28/07 10:30 am - Brevard County, FL

There are many elements that can only help your skin....water intake, diet and exercise.  Any other elements like age and major weight loss for your body frame will not change the sagging outcome. 

Redhaired
on 12/28/07 1:05 pm - Mouseville, FL
Are you saying age is not a factor in skin issues?  I agree tha****er, exercise and diet are all important but these things are not going to prevent sagging skin. Red

FLGail
on 12/29/07 3:44 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi, I love Doxies too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 4. A Piebald, short haired red, Standard Long haired and a dappled . Love those dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Gail
Purple Lotus
on 1/2/08 6:31 pm - FL
We have a ton of DARE-related events in Tampa!  A lot of our members live in the area.  Check out www.DAREtoRescue.com, you can find out about dachshund events and see all the sweet doxies we've rescued!

FLGail
on 1/2/08 9:00 pm - Sun City, AZ
Hi, I think a few months ago I attended one in Clearwater!!!!!!!!!!! But I would really like to attend more. I am going to look it up for sure. I really love Dixies!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Gail
sherry hernandez
on 1/5/08 10:30 am - wimauma, FL

hi cindy i had open rny june 14th 2006 i have lost about 250 pounds. i do exercise a few hours every week. i have alot of excess skin on arms legs and stomach,but good luck.

SHERRY HERNANDEZ
           AKA  SHERRYONMYWAY
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views