Looking 4 support group in Orlando, FL

csantos07
on 12/26/07 5:54 am
Hello all I am looking for a support group in Orlando, FL. Let me know if any of you know of one. Thanks 
elilicious
on 12/26/07 10:42 am, edited 12/26/07 10:55 am - Casselberry, FL

Hello.  Have you tried where you had your surgery?  I know I had my surgery at Celebration w/Dr. Kim and anyone is allowed to come, you do not have to be a patient of his.  It is held the second tuesday of every month at 7pm.  Also, I was looking thru the posts and saw this.  Hopefully no one minds that I post this in here. 

Just a quick reminder that we have a support group meeting tomorrow night, Wed., Dec. 19th at 7:00 PM at the Herndon Library in Orlando (4324 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL  32803). We will be talking about the ups & downs for bariatric patients during these holidays times and into the New Year... I hope to see you there,and feel free to bring a friend!

~ Monica
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/TWOCF/ I should have stated that Dr. Kim's support group that I go to is for Lapband only.

Kristen H.
on 1/1/08 10:39 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Eli! I hope that you are well.

Just a small correction. The Lap-Band support group is the second Monday of the month at 7PM.

The "all surgery" support group is on the second Wednesday of the month, but at 7:30PM.

Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
elilicious
on 1/3/08 6:56 am - Casselberry, FL
I knew I would get it wrong, I swear I need brain surgery, not WLS!!!
Kristen H.
on 1/3/08 8:18 am - Orlando, FL
LOL!
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
mcarmichaelo
on 12/27/07 6:00 pm - Orlando, FL
There is a support group meeting that is going to be held on January 30 at Herndon Plaza on east Colonial
Connie M.
on 12/27/07 10:40 pm - Summerfield, FL
Hi Folks, I just recently moved to Summerfield, FL.  Located NW of Orlando, zip code 34491 (between Orlando and Ocala).  Any support groups out there that I would be able to attend?  45 minutes to an hour's drive is feasible, but I am not familar with Florida so I am depending on the OH members to assist me in my quest to find a support group.

Hugs, Connie 

Kristen H.
on 1/1/08 10:41 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Connie!

Please see my post above re: the support groups at US Bariatric Orlando. I'd love to see you there.

Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Cathy A.
on 1/8/08 5:21 am - Orlando, FL
Dr Jawad has a support group on Thursdays (i think it's the 3rd thursday of each month) at West Marion Hospital in Ocala (not far from you). Here's the link to his website for the support schedule for ocala and orlando (right by Kirkman Road) too. The meetings are really great and there's always a nice group of patients and supportive family members too.  Just scroll down to the BOTTOM of the page for the schedule. See you there!   http://www.jawadmd.com/support_group.htm
Cathy A.
on 1/8/08 5:23 am - Orlando, FL
And of course the MONICA-MEETINGS are terrific (they're the ones everyone is referencing at the Herndon library). She has tons of information and reference materials. There are quite a few people there who are a couple years out and at goal, so they're a great resource for information and support. ca
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views