Introductions!

LizB
on 12/17/07 9:13 pm - FL
Hi Cindy - Great idea! I'll chime in also. 3D SantaMy name is Liz. I moved here the end of September 2007 with my husband and daughter who is a commuter to Florida Atlantic Univ. We live in Western Palm Beach County and love it here. The weather is outstanding. (except for today I actually had to turn on the furnance.)  But it is still not near as cold as it is in Bucks County Pennsylvania. I had a Lap RNY done at Barix Clinics in Langhorne PA June 19, 2006 and I am at goal. I'd still like to loose a few more but I am satisfied with my size 8/10 and if I lost more I'd have to buy all new cloths again. It has been a wonderful journey. Prior to surgery was a nightmare of a ride but it was well worth getting onto the looser's side of the bench. Anyone here from the Philadelphia area email me and I will send you a great poem about South Philly.  Everyone have a great day and I hope the postings continue. Liz
suesue53
on 12/17/07 9:36 pm - Central Florida, FL
Hi Cindy,
I had VSG surgery a little over 2 months ago. I live in Valrico, right outside of Tampa, and work in Tampa. I moved to the Tampa area a little over a year ago. I am struggling to make more friends in this area. I belong to a wonderful church and go to a bible study once a week.
I have a ****apoo named Scout. He is 11 years old. I walk with my neighbor each morning for 3 miles. We started last March and have been faithfully walking about 5 to 6 days a week. My family lives in Bartow about 30 minutes away so I spend a lot of time on the weekends with them.
I work as an advocate for persons being treated in the Public Mental Health System in the Suncoast Region. I don't work one on one with persons as much as working within the system to make it more user friendly and effective. I plan to get involved in stain glass classes after the holidays, I had done that about 15 years ago and enjoyed it.
Nice to meet you, Susan

jonelle32514
on 12/19/07 4:50 am - Pensacola, FL
Hello. My name is Jonelle and I live in Pensacola. I am married to Toby and we moved here from Virginia. We have been married for 10 years and have 1 daughter, 8 years and 1 son, 18 months. We are also parents to an english bulldog, terrier mix and a chihuahua. Oh and some sal****er fish. I am having RNY on Dec 31st and am really excited about it. I am also a stay at home mom for now. I have lived all over the US and Spain.
teegee
on 12/21/07 8:58 am - FL
hi, my name is tina. i live in orlando. i work as a finance assistant for a huge international company. i'm single but dating a wonderful guy. i am having my RNY on 1/2/08 and can't wait. i love my cats and my dog, my hobbies are reading, gaming and bellydancing.
tahoe94
on 12/24/07 9:59 am - Palm Coast, FL
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. My name is Laura, I'm married 13 years to my angel/saint  and we have one son (10 y.o. next month), one Staffordshire terrier mix Molly and one Betta fish named Picachu. Molly's my first-ever dog and we're all totally in love with her. We rescued her from the St. Augustine Human Society on 9/11. It's a wonderful way to give that date a whole new, positive meaning for us. I'm currently living in Palm Coast and loving every minute of it! I was born and raised in Westchester County, NY, met hubby online over 14 years ago and moved to San Diego to marry him. We had our son there and moved to St. Aug. 7 years ago. Built a house here in PC 3.5 years ago and we're staying put for a very long time. I had my rny on Dec. 10th by Dr. Sebastien in Daytona. It was a very long process and I'm glad to be over with the waiting. I'm still very sore around the incision areas and still have two leaky ones due to the placement of them (thanks Doc!). The only real problem I'm having right now is potassium deficiency. Oh, and irritability. It's sooo not how I want to be. I'm a paraprofessional for special ed kids in my son's elementary school. My kids are 2nd/3rd graders and I LOVE THEM TO PIECES!! This is absolutely the best job I've ever had. My only regret is that it took me so long to get into this field. My schedule is the same as my son's so I still feel like a SAHM, which I love. I was able to schedule my surgery two weeks before Christmas break so I have an extra two weeks to recupe. Well, this turned out to be a whole lot longer than I intended. Gotta get back to my protein drink which is hiding my "happy pill"!! Nice to meet everyone. Happy Holidays!

~Laura~
Total weight lost since May '07

Weight lost since RNY 12/10/07...53 lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views