Introductions!

Purple Lotus
on 12/14/07 5:45 pm - FL
I saw that people would like for this board to become more active, so I thought I'd try to do my part to help a little.  LOL How about we all tell a little about ourselves & our journey? I'm Cyndy and I live in Gainesville.  I'm married and between DH & I we have four children.  I work at Shands in the Neuro ICU.  We are a foster home for dogs and are active in dog rescue.  We currently have 3 dogs of our own and 2 fosters.  I am pre-op.  I have 2 more tests to go and they are both scheduled for next week; my barium swallow and my nutrition consult.  Then I'll be ready to submit to insurance!  I'm hoping to at least have approval and a date by early January 2008. I look forward to getting to know some Florida peeps! 

Purple Lotus              my s!

StaceyS
on 12/14/07 10:23 pm - Coral Springs, FL

Hi Cindy, nice to meet you! I'm Stacey, 38 and live in South Florida where I'm a paralegal.  Unfortunately, my DH passed away 2 months ago from a heart attack. February would have been our 5th anniversary. I'm the mom to 2 yellow labrador retrievers. We were working on getting pregnant. I had my sleeve in August with Dr. Rosenthal of the Cleveland Clinic. Second to marrying my husband, it was the best thing I've ever done.  My DH was my biggest supporter when it came to the surgery. Ok, who's next?

Highest - 330     Liquid diet - 326   Surgery day -  308.5
AOL IM: Staceyshoppersfl

Tami H.
on 12/15/07 9:42 am - Winter Park, FL
Stacy, Sorry about your loss! hugs coming your way. I know this is an expecially difficult time of year for you! Well, here's my mini bio (more detail on my profile) Had rny in may of 2005, lost 98 lbs and am maintaining at 125-127 now.  I have worked out and trained since surgery and am currently 1.5 years into kung fu, have my 4th belt and love the challenge and physical activity and health it gives. Having RNY is wonderful!  I love  being thin and wearing size 4! I am a hospice nurse, I work in the evenings 5p-1 a.  I have 2 kids left at home, 2 married, and two grand children 3 and 6 months and one on the way.  married to norm for 10 years. 5 dogs, maltese, toy poodle, 2 ****zus and a ****zupoo.  I l ove my dogs. Love music and singing.  Sing on the worship team at my church northland http:www.northlandcc.net.  We have web worship if anyone is interested. I do love the Lord Jesus with all my heart.  I like the movie Singing in the rain and Brigadoon (both with Gene Kelley)., and the colors pink and royal blue.  I like sparkely things, rings, and toe rings! I live in Central Florida, in winter park, nor far from orlando. I love disney! Would do this surgery over in a heart beat.  It wasn't easy, still isn't easy, but its worth it.  Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!! Merry Christmas blessings, Tami
carlak
on 12/15/07 1:14 pm - Bradenton, FL
STacy Ill be 2nd or 3rd. Not sure which!!!! I am Carla Klein. I am a transplant from Colorado to Florida. I moved here in Augest and I am loving the weather here. I cant believe it is Christmas or Hanukkah time now. The weather isnt condusive to what it is up North!!!!! I am used to cold and snow for the last 52 years. I am married to my DH Carl for 28 years and we have a 26 yr old daughter. She lives withher boyfriend in Chicago. I am mom to 2 cats. Tevia who is all black andhas a white spot on his neck. My girl cat is a seal point long hair mut. Her name is Pit.( Princess in Training). They are both 3 yrs old. I had my RNY in 02 and have lost over 155 pounds. I am wearing a size 4 to a 6 depending on what brand clothes I buy.  I became a cosmetologist last year. If it wasnt for the weight loss I wouldnt have been able to go back to school or stand on my feet. I can tolerate an 8 hr day on my feet and not bat an eyelash!!!!!. I work at Super Cuts in Sarasota. Some of my things I like to do are cook, Sew, Crochet, Knit, Crossstitch. Watch Chick Flicks. and go camping with our RV and it seems that we tent camp more now than use the RV. Oh and I love to get on the plane and travel. I go to chicago a lot and to Denver to visit my best friend.  It is hard for me here as I dont have to many friends down here yet. I am working on it. I do agree with what everyone says!!!!! Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!!!!! Carla Klein Bradenton Florida   
image hosting site

Purple Lotus
on 12/16/07 9:35 am - FL
I'm so sorry for your loss, Stacey.

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/07 4:20 pm - Hudson, FL

My name is Melanie and I live in Hudson , moved here Feb.  I have 2 sons 8 and 11 .  I have lived most my life in Ms. but after 9/11 my husband became an Air Marshall and they transfered us to Detroit.  Which I hated every waking minute of the day. We took a voluntary transfer to this area and I love it.  While in Ms tho, I owned a very successful hair salon that employed 4 people and we sold Aveda products. Due to my husbands erratic schedule I am a stay at home Mother and that has been very difficult for me.  I did have surgery in Michigan from a great surgeon and wish I could go back to the hair industry....but I would be a nightmare in an interview due to the fact I need to be a Mom at this point...but there is some horrible hair down here that needs my expertise 23 yr experience!!!

carlak
on 12/18/07 9:57 am - Bradenton, FL
Hi Melanie, I am Carla Klein and I live in Bradenton not to far from Hudson!!!! I am a hair Stylist also. I work for Super Cuts and they have a great program for part timers if you are interested!!!!! I work full time for now. I became a stylist a year ago. It took me 4 months to transfer my liscense from Colorado and Illinois. The state of Florida is very slow in processing the paper work. I went to school after I had my surgery and plastics to become a cosmetologist as that was my lifelong dream to do. I worked in admissions int he hospital setting for 25 years before that. I got an idea for you, Can you open up a home business doing hair!!!!! Just a thought..... Carla
image hosting site

Linda-K
on 12/17/07 7:06 am - New Port Richey, FL
Hi all I am Linda.  I live in New Port Richey and am waiting for approval from Ins.  (Please keep your fingers crossed for me, it has been a looooonnnnng and horrible process) I relocated here from outside Niagara Falls, NY in May 2006.  My fiancee is Tim and we will be getting married in October.  He has 2 children 19 and 17 and I have 2 children 19 and 16.  We have 2 dogs who we love to death, a maltese named Mia and a golden retreiver named Ivy. I love living in Florida.  I'm taking college courses online right now to become certified in Medical Coding and Billing.  I worked in the Insurance industry for 18 years previously. I'm hoping to make some friends on the board who can help "hold my hand" through this process.  I'm very excited to start my journey to better health!   Linda K
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/07 9:07 am
Greetings :)  Here's a little about me (more on the profile): I live in Palm Coast, which is almost exactly 1/2 way between Daytona and St. Augustine.  I am the director of nursing services for a 120 bed short term rehab.  I've worked all over the country, as an ICU and OR nurse--Alaska, Colorado, Montana, and New Mexico were all home for me at one time or another.  I went to nursing school many moons ago here in Florida, and chose to "come back" after I got sick of shoveling snow, and missing my family (all on the east coast). I am married, and mom to ginger (Shepard/Basenji mix) and Randall (white and orange tabby).  I'm childless by choice. Tim Hipp in Gainesville did my surgery at NFRMC (you rock!).  I look forward to getting to know more of you, and seeing a little more participation on this board (I confess, I've not been a daily visitor, either).
Purple Lotus
on 12/19/07 5:32 pm - FL
Where did you go to nursing school?  I am hopefully going to start nursing school at Santa Fe CC in May. We live in Gainesville and visit St Augustine very often, it's our get-away spot.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views