starrrrrvvvingggg!!!

kellien
on 12/12/07 6:20 am - tampa, FL

Hi all, I had surgery Aug 22nd, rny laproscopically... i have a question.. the last few days i've been absolutely starving.. i drink lots of water to combat it.. i want to stick to my regular eating that i've been doing.. i've lost 70lbs and am on a good track, i don't feel like i'm missing out on anything.. but this week it seems i can't get enough to eat.   it's AWFUL.  what do I do?  I'm at the point w/my eating where I can eat pretty much whatever I can tolerate and if i stay w/in the guidelines.. i still have my protein shakes.  My typical day is a protein shake for breakfast..   during break i'll have a couple ounces of cheese or some nuts.. lunch is usually a banana or some wendy's chili.. dinner is sometimes cheese slices, potted meat, a protein shake... something along those lines.  I also eat the Advantage protein bars in between.  This morning I had a protein shake at 730am.. by 10:30a i was hungry.. i got a tuna sandwich out of the machine and ate it w/out the bread.. lunch at 1p i was hungry again..  am i not eating enough? Am I being too afraid of eating too much? what's going on? How do I deal w/this? What does everyone recommend?  HELP!! 

LizB
on 12/12/07 7:23 am - FL
Your protein drink should be taking your hunger away. Try to increase you protein drinks. Also look at what might be triggering you to want to eat more. Liz
sandyfeets
on 12/12/07 9:48 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
Remember you should be eating 5-6 SMALL meals a day. Supplement with your protein shakes. Try to eat DENSE protein, like chicken or beef. It will stay with you longer.
Talk to your surgeon too. He might have some other suggestions to help you.

kellien
on 12/12/07 10:18 am - tampa, FL

i don't tolerate chicken or beef (or any meats) well.  i can do tuna.. but not too much.  allergic to fish.   i do eat 5-6 small meals.. but just this week i've been so hungry in between.  didn't know if i was doing something wrong or what - thanks for the feedback so far!

sassie123
on 12/12/07 7:58 pm - Tarpon Springs, FL
I know I personally didn't seem to tolerate chicken or beef very well until i realized it had to do a lot with the amount of moisture in the meat.  Try a variety of ways of cooking the meats to ensure they are very moist.  Take very small bites and chew a lot!!  My surgery was May 1st and it seemed to take forever to get used to the denser proteins, but I am doing pretty well now with most meats.  I don't eat a lot of beef just because I don't want to but we use pork and chicken a lot as well as shell fish.  I know you said you were allergic to fish, but is that all types of fish or just fresh, sal****er or shellfish.  I survived initially on shrimp and scallops!!  Denser proteins will help you with the hunger issue, so good luck!! Anne
kellien
on 12/12/07 8:02 pm - tampa, FL
i can't eat any fish.. which is a shame..  i grew up eating it and LOVE it.. however it makes me violently ill.. and i'll have to pass on that!  although i'm at the 'eat normal' stage now.. i've kinda kept myself on the soft foods part of it.. maybe i'm not having dense enough protein like you all are suggesting...  i'll have to give it a shot - thanks for the feedback everyone!
Tami H.
on 12/12/07 11:37 pm - Winter Park, FL
I agree to that protein and eating dense protein will help.  also drinking your water too.  I supplement with protein shakes, but know the dense protein really fills me up, and when I am hungry and want bad stuff I reach for a protein drink or a slice of cheese.   Keep us posted, you will be ok.  Remember  white carbs giv e you a sugar like high, and then you are hungry again! We are here to work this through with you! merry christmas blessings, Tami
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views