I got a date

jonelle32514
on 12/11/07 12:31 pm - Pensacola, FL
Hello all!!! I did my psych and nutrition eval on Nov 29th and this morning my Dr called to let me know he got my approval. My surgery is Dec 31st. I am excited and nervous all in one. I cancelled my New Year's Party and I am trying to get everything ready before my surgery. It seems like the process was so easy and I am still in shock. Does anyone have any tips or advice? I would like to go out and get my foods and everything I am going to need for the first few weeks. I am so excited. I still haven't told anyone about my surgery or even that I have wanted the surgery, just my husband and one of my friends. I am not embarrassed or ashamed. I just haven't wanted to share with all of them.
HeatherBlood
on 12/11/07 8:40 pm - Anchorage, AK
Congrats Jonelle!  Good luck to you and here is to the loosing side! Hugs!

HeatherB
327/320/172/209/185
Highest/Before surgery/lowest/Current/New Goal!
10 years out in June!

jonelle32514
on 12/12/07 12:31 am - Pensacola, FL
Thank you! I am so excited!!! Losers Bench, Here I come!!!
LizB
on 12/11/07 10:03 pm, edited 12/11/07 11:13 pm - FL

Congratulations on getting a date. Just think you will be able to start the year out on the loosing side of the bench. That is so great. It will be here and gone before you know it. I used the Nectar proteins after my surgery and then graduated to Nitrotech ready made shakes. Lots are sugar free popsicles are great. Instant low sodium chicken and beef broths are also good when you want something warm. And sip sip sip tha****er all the time. You are going to do great!

Liz    Santa's Sleigh 3D Santa3D Magical Snowman
jonelle32514
on 12/12/07 12:36 am - Pensacola, FL
Thank You!! I was looking at different proteins GNC and walmart have. I wasn't sure what to get and my Dr even gave me a list that other patients use. Did you like the Nectar? I didn't even think of sugar free popsicles!!! LOL
LizB
on 12/12/07 5:14 am, edited 12/12/07 5:23 am - FL

Sugar free popsicles at first then you can graduate to sugar free fugsicles. I liked the Nectar's but not everyone does (cappuccino, strawberry kiwi & pinacolotta are my favorites). I would add sugar free fruit to them in the blender and switch them around. You can also add sugar free chocolate pudding to the capichino to switch it up. The Nectar's are easy to digest and were recommended by the clinic where I had my surgery (Barix Clinics). I just moved here a few months ago from outside the Philadelphia area to the West Palm Beach area. I buy Nitrotech now at GNC or at www.A1supplements.com if I can't hit the gold card days at GNC. I order it and have it shipped from either one.

Liz    Santa's Sleigh 3D Santa3D Magical Snowman
jonelle32514
on 12/12/07 11:42 am - Pensacola, FL
the strawberry kiwi sounds pretty good. I am not a coffee drinker and I hate coconut. Do you cook for your family or did you do it when you first came home? I am the primary cook and I wonder if I will be able to even look at food the first week. I had a c-section with my son and my belly was so upset and blah feeling that food was a major turn off. But I can't starve my family. lol. then I wonder if I will want to eat the food if I make it. Maybe I should just make icky things that they enjoy. But then what if my tastebuds change and I suddenly like beans and sloppy joes. lol  I am such a dork hahaha
Tami H.
on 12/12/07 5:14 am - Winter Park, FL
how exciting!!! warming up the losers bench for you! merry christmas blessings, Tami
jonelle32514
on 12/12/07 11:24 am - Pensacola, FL
Merry Christmas to you too!!! I am so excited!! I know I will get nervous right before, but right now I am so excited!! BTW, you look great!!
sandyfeets
on 12/12/07 9:46 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
What a great way to start 2008!!!
Tips---stay hydrated. Dehydration is your enemy.
Don't go and buy huge packages of protein supplements. Your tastes change post-op and you'll be stuck with things you don't like.
Get some sample sizes from the various protein venders ( Ilike unjury @ unjury.com)
See you on the Losers' Bench

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views