Complication Insurance????????

Redhaired
on 12/6/07 3:26 am - Mouseville, FL
Sometime back someone posted some information about insurance that would cover complications for self-pays.  Anyone remember the post or have that information handy? Red

Vickie J
on 12/6/07 1:30 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Red, The only "complication" insurance that I'm aware of is from CosmetAssure and it only covers complications from COSMETIC (plastic) surgery.  If there is something that covers gastric bypass I'm not familiar with it but sure hope it exists! Vickie J.

Vickie J. 
"Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment."

Redhaired
on 12/6/07 9:27 pm - Mouseville, FL
Thanks for the info Vickie.  This was I think about WLS and if I am remembering correctly the company name that was mentioned was some sort of financial group. Red

Kristen H.
on 12/8/07 4:10 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Red,

US Bariatric St. Augustine includes BLIS complication insurance in its self pay global fee for LAP-BAND and RNY. I do not know if it is available a la carte elsewhere. Their web site is located at
http://www.walnutridge.biz/

HTH.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Redhaired
on 12/8/07 4:27 am - Mouseville, FL
Thank you for the information Kristen.  So a self pay at your St Augustine office would not have to worry about incurring additional costs due to complications? Red

Kristen H.
on 12/8/07 5:32 am - Orlando, FL
Yes. It is a great program.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
sds1arm2
on 12/10/07 5:33 am - Orlando, FL
I just recenlty talked to the benefits people in HR about this same thing. I was self-pay for lap-band. Being worried that something could happen I asked them about this. They told me if something was an emergency or medically necessary that it would be covered. I thought it had something to do with my plan having a no pre-existing clause.
Ali

Redhaired
on 12/10/07 12:38 pm - Mouseville, FL
Thanks for the info. Red

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views