Hi there- New to FL board

Kate U.
on 12/5/07 3:32 am - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hi there,  I just wanted to introduce myself.. I don't believe that I've ever posted on the Florida forum. I am having RNY on Dec 26 with Doctor Cohen here in Hollywood, Florida. I am so excited and the day just can't come soon enough. I have wanted this for a few years now and was denied by 3 different insurances due to exclusions. Finally, I got a job working here in the Memorial Healthcare System, and they approved me! I had to do a 3 month wait,  but it wasn't a diet. Just alot of appointments. Anyway, I just went to the Pompano bariatric store and thought that I'd start reaching out. Does anyone go to any support groups in the next 2 weeks? I'm going to one on the 20th, but I'd like to find a few more to go to.  Feel free to friend request me :) Kate
Redhaired
on 12/5/07 3:47 am - Mouseville, FL
Welcome to the FLorida Board Kate.  Good luck with your surgery. Red

PEARLJAM73
on 12/5/07 5:40 am - south, FL
How do you friend request?
PearlJamFan........
John Hoffmann
on 12/5/07 8:24 am - Baltimore, MD
Kate, greetings from down the road in Boynton Beach.  Good luck with your surgery.  I go to a support group meeting at the Renfrew Center in Deerfield Beach.  We meet on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month.  There is a meeting this coming Tuesday, the 11th.  I dont know if I'll make it or not, I am having a procedure done at North Broward Monday morning to remove a little bit of old mesh in my stomach from a hernia repair years ago.  If all goes well, and I'm feeling up to it, I'll try.  Obviously we wont be meeting the 4th Tuesday which is Christmas.  Let me know if you need more info.  The meeting is from 7- 8:30 PM.   Or feel free to write if you need anything otherwise.  Be well. John

John 

Kate U.
on 12/7/07 6:36 am - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hey John! Thanks! I will actually plan on making it with my partner, who's RNY post op from April 2006. I'm so excited to come check ya'll out! Good luck with the procedure!!! Feel better and hope to meet you then or at another session.  Thanks again!!!
Kate

michele55
on 12/10/07 1:55 am - Miami, FL
Hi Kate..Michele here.  I met you at the Before&After.com store when we were all protein shopping.  We're having our surgery on the same day with Dr. Cohen, so I'll probably see you at some point either before or after surgery.  There are a ton of support groups that are organized by Dr. Cohen & Dr. Bass's practice and you should have the dates in your folder that you received from Tiffany.  There's a holiday party scheduled for 12/20 at 7:00 PM at the Esther Grossman center on Sheridan Street.  You're probably starting your liquids the same day as me, so good luck and you have all of my numbers if you need any additional support! Take care, Michele
LizB
on 12/10/07 11:22 pm, edited 12/11/07 11:14 pm - FL
Hi Kate - Welcome to the Florida board. Soon you will be on the loosing side of the bench. That's a good thing. Dec. 26th is right around the corner. Keep us posted and ask us anything.
Liz    Santa's Sleigh 3D Santa3D Magical Snowman
Marianne C.
on 12/13/07 7:26 pm - Hudson, FL
Hey Kate! I'm very very excited for you because I know the wonderful joy you have ahead of you! I'm 4 months out today and feel like a whole different person! What a fabulous Christmas present for you!!!  Keep in touch as soon as you can after your surgery. Oh and you are sooo lucky to live near the Bariatric Eating Store in Pompano Beach!  Did you know that BE also has a terrific message board as well? Http://www.bariatriceating.com    Check it out and I'll see you there! Hugs, Marianne C.

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views