MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Natali1983
on 2/22/12 5:54 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
Hey Steph...okay so heres how everything went for me...i went to Sosa's seminar on Jan.7 at jackson North Hospital in north miami but he also does the big seminars at palmetto hospital..i knew that i was gonna have to get a psych eval and see the nutritionist at his office so i did those 2 appointments before i even went in to see the doc...when i went to schedule my appt w sosa the nurse mentioned that for medicaid theres a waiting list of about 3months if u want sosa but he has a partner dr.nuwayhid which i think is THE BOOOMB (he did my endoscopy). plus they assist eachother in the surgeries anyway...my rny is 2/28 tuesday coming up..aslong as u have share of cost medicaid and its open when u see the doc youre good..it has to be open when u see him and its gotta b open for surgery..good luck..let me know if u got anymore questions..im here for ya
karincarter2
on 5/6/12 9:14 pm - Altoona, FL
RNY on 06/27/12
What do you mean "open"
mariamu
on 3/13/12 8:35 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/26/12
 DR PAUL WIZMAN IN MARGATE TAKES MEDICAID. I HAVE VISTA AND WAS APPROVED AT THE FIRST TRY.

THE OFFICE STAFF IS FABULOUS.   AND DR WIZMAN IS JUST GREAT..
I WILL BE HAVING SURGERY WITH HIM ON APRIL 26 2012   GOD WILLING.

DR PAUL B WIZMAN MD
5800 COLONIAL DRIVE
SUITE 108
MARGATE  FL 33063

954-969-1355
ofears
on 9/3/13 12:48 am - north lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/06/14
Elizabeth S.
on 4/6/12 11:24 am, edited 4/6/12 11:24 am - spring hill, FL
RNY on 03/20/12
 Dr Kim - Celebration, FL (outskirts of Orlando) has full program that accepts Medicare and medicaid (as secondary only).   http://www.floridabariatric.com/ Here is their website which has all kinds of info on it.  Need any more info.. feel free to mail me. He is an AWESOME Dr and has a well oiled machine in the running of his program.  All the staff members are extra sweet and him and his staff actually CARE about ALL their patients.
hugs 
Liz
chyna_doll
on 4/16/12 2:25 pm - orlando, FL
Dr. Murry in Tampa takes Medicaid share of cost called today 4/16/12 waiting for approval. Don't really know the process but my Pcp faxed over my referral today. I hope fingers crossed.contact info Dr. Murry (813) 844-7473. 1 Tampa general circle f145 Tampa flcl 33606
chyna_doll
on 4/16/12 2:27 pm - orlando, FL
Dr. Murr sorry. : - )
Karymel17
on 4/16/12 6:19 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
RNY on 03/06/12
As soon as you attend the seminar, they will call you in about a week to set up appointments to see a psychologist and do an evaluation and to see a nutritionist. 
If they don't call you, call them so they can set up these appointments.
With the psych you can choose your own psych or choose Dr. Sosa's psych but you would have to pay out of pocket because he doesn't accept insurances ($150) and the nutritionist is $140.
Once you complete seeing both of them than you will be scheduled for a consultation with Dr. Sosa and the coordinator.
She schedules the surgery date that same day and you will have to take a H. Pylori Test at your local lab quest.
Once you pass that test (get a negative result) she will call you to come in and sign papers and she will give you a medical clearance form that you have to complete 5-7 days prior to the surgery date.
This whole process took me to complete within 1 month so it all depends on how quick you get all of this done.
misspeachpie
on 1/2/13 1:06 am - FL

Did you have to do a 3 or 6 month diet program?

susana1977
on 3/28/13 3:15 pm - FL
Did you need 4 or 6 visits to you primary doctor before to be approved by medicaid?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views