MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Elizabeth S.
on 12/10/11 7:08 pm - spring hill, FL
RNY on 03/20/12
 Dr. Ben-David out of Shands in Gainesville accepts Medicaid - but revisions depends on the situation - he decides on a per person basis - he is an awesome dr & surgeon - so my suggestion would be make an appt , tell him what you want to do.. and see what he says.
His seminar is available online as well (Ill post their site link below) - I recommend you watch that as it is easier then going in (you need to either watch onlin seminar and print certificate at end proving you watched online or go to in person one (next one is December 14 - can call number on their site to get signed up for that if prefer)
Can check out their site http://general.surgery.med.ufl.edu/patient-care/gastroesopha geal-and-bariatric-surgery/bariatric-surgery

GOOD LUCK :-)
hugs, love & prayers
Liz

LET'S BE LOSERS TOGETHER!! ;-)        
ange68
on 10/31/10 3:03 pm
Ange68,
It took me a while but I found Dr. Michael Murr of Tampa General Hospital and they take medicaid florida 

Angela

christy238
on 1/20/11 4:31 am - Hallandale, FL
 Hello everyone I have been struggling with the medicaid hmo thing and recently my insuranc did change to share of cost found a Dr. WOOHOO AND I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE SEMINAR ON JAN 25TH SO EXCITED I KNOW I SHOULD BE EXCITED QUITE YET BUT CANT HELP IT NOW I HAVE A QUESTION REGARDING THE SHARE OF COST, MY SHARE OF COST IS $195 I HAVE NO PRIMARY PHYSICIAN DO I HAVE TO HAVE ONE TO GET A REFERRAL DO I NEED A REFERRAL? OR CAN I JUST WORK DIRECTLY WITH THE SURGEON? HOW DOES THAT WORK?? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE REPLIES :)
christy238
on 1/20/11 5:08 am - Hallandale, FL
 I NEVER WHAT KIND OF SURGERY I AM  GETTING SORRY ITS THE GASTRIC BYPASS
MiamiRosay
on 4/24/11 2:00 pm
Christy I have Medicaid Share of Cost also...YOU NEED a primary doctor's referral...I see you live in Broward County...I found a primary doctor in Margate that takes Share of Cost...you have to pay $50.00 copay for your visit. Her name is doctor Rekha Pandya phone# 954-984-8000. She is very nice and she gave me a referral to see a Bariactric Surgeon...I had to FIND my own surgeon that takes share of cost...he's name is Dr. Emil Matei in Hollywood, Fl...I am going to see him this Tuesday...I'll let you know how it goes!!! But yes...YOU NEED A REFERRAL!! Hope this helps.
christy238
on 4/25/11 12:10 pm - Hallandale, FL
Oh ok thanks for the info I'm going to call Dr. De La Cruz office tomorrow I have an appoinment with the surgeon on May 18th and they didnt mention it. Wow your doctor is really close I should call them to see also.
MiamiRosay
on 4/22/11 2:56 am
Does anyone know the REQUIREMENTS of Florida MEDICAID for weight loss surgery?? I have share of cost...I found a Surgeon who takes it in Hollywood, Fl my appt is next week...Im just wondering what Medicaid requires??
LATONIAVBR
on 4/23/11 11:09 pm - DAVENPORT, FL
hello dr.hoddinott in ocala fl works out of munroe regional medical center i had my consult on 3-25-2011 i had to have filters put in my groins because of my lung disease on 04-21-2011 i will have stomach scope done on 04-26-2011 and my surgery on 04-28-2011 the only things they needed was my medical records, psyc evaluation and medical clearence from primary care doctor . with share of cost my only advice is try to see your doctor in the beginning of the month so you can meet your share of cost and you'll be covered the rest of the month. dr. hoddinott number is 352-368-1661 hopes this helps it only took them 17 days to get the authorization from medicaid share of cost for my surgery
Bonnie C.
on 4/24/11 9:58 am - Miami, FL
The surgeon you are seeing should be able to tell you what they require, but as far as Medicaid, you need to either have a BMI of 35 to 40 with 2 co-morbities (such as diabetes and sleep apnea) or have a BMI over 40 with no co-morbities.

Hope this answered your question :)
Check out my blog for recipes and more
@
Bye Bye Pounds
HW-310/SW-292/CW-182/GW-160

christy238
on 5/13/11 2:05 am - Hallandale, FL
 Hi MiamiRosay i just was informed today that they cancelled all medicaid patients at Dr de la cruz office today and they never called thank god i called before I went to my appointment besides who wants to get surgery at a office who is unorganised  i will be calling ur doctor thanks for the info
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views