MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

christy238
on 4/25/11 12:11 pm - Hallandale, FL
congrats keep us posted :)
tjjourney1
on 1/2/16 2:55 am

Hi I know you posted this awhile back but I Also have Medicaid share of cost and I wanted to know what were the requirements and necessary step to getting approved & do this Dr do the gastric sleeve.

Sunny003
on 12/30/17 7:43 pm
VSG on 02/27/18

Hi, did you ever get the information you needed. I am currently going through the process and would like to be able to help anyone that has Share of Cost and wants to have weight loss surgery

murfy
on 4/15/10 2:38 pm - Jacksonville, FL
i have medicaid and am getting surgery next week with dr. hoddinott in ocala. they submitted my medical records and was approved for surgery within a week. they were amazing! went to my first appointment, and within a week and a half had my surgery scheduled.

Dr. Kevin Hoddinott
1511 South West 1st Avenue
Ocala, FL 34471

Phone Number: (352) 368-1661

Fax Number: (352) 867-9794

Murf

jennifer A.
on 5/2/10 6:10 am - FL
HI. CONGRATS!!! WHAT MEDICAID DID YOU HAVE? AN HMO? OR STRIGHT MEDICAID
murfy
on 5/2/10 11:50 am - Jacksonville, FL
i have medicaid "share of cost". that means that they pay for anything over $1110 in one particular month. all i had to do was submit receipts and records showing any copays i paid during the month and that and the surgery fees are deducted from the share of cost. i only have to pay what the balance is. i ended up not having to pay even $1 for my surgery, because i have so many medications and docto copays every month.
Murf

LATONIAVBR
on 3/26/11 9:45 am - DAVENPORT, FL
thank you for posting this i seen him on 03-25-2011 for a consult  how was your experience with dr hoddinott
Shortcop184
on 1/9/13 7:54 am - Ocala, FL

Are you having the surgery in MRMC or Ocala Regional ??? Never heard of that Dr' but not saying he is good... I have a friend that has Medicaid and she was asking about the half pay ... 

Thanks 

shortcop184

megan p.
on 4/20/10 2:30 am - Ocoee, FL
Hello! I will be having gastric bypass surgery through medicaid here soon. It has been a very easy process so far. Heres my doctors information:

Dr. Shebani
Accepts medicaid and medicare
352-351-5770
Bariatric and Laparoscopy Center
2820 SE 3rd court, suite 100, Ocala, FL 34471

My process began by having my PCP send a referal to their office and after my file was veiwed by the surgeon and bariatric cordinator, I was sent a folder that included all paper work needed by Dr. Shebani. They requested all prior weight loss attempts and had me bring all records of doctor supervised weight loss. Luckily, I had a 9 month stint with a nutritionist and medicaid accepted it because medicaid requires a 6 month supervised weight loss attempt. I then was given referals to a pshyc evaluation, nutrion evaluation and blood work. After those are handed in and submitted to medicaid, i should have approval in about a week. I then start my 6 week pre-op diet and RNY here i come!

Good luck everyone! It can be done!

jennifer A.
on 5/2/10 6:08 am - FL
FLORIDA MEDICAID REFORM
HMO

MOLINA-  DR. ERIC VALLADARES MIAMI, FL 305-631-5355
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views