MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

ginblosom007
on 12/5/08 8:01 am - middleburg, FL
getting discouraged here.. i got the letter of nec. from my PCP, but can't find a surgeon that will take my UHC/Medicaid?!?!?  I contacted UHC and they told me it is my responsibility to find a surgeon that is willing to take the out of network rate?  Is that really my responsibility? anyway, i have called SO MANY offices and none of them will take it, even after i explain that the ins is requesting them to call for an authorization.  i am not sure what else to do, how can the insurance refuse to help find a surgeon, even though i've gotten the nec. letter?

thanks
jen
lilugly
on 7/19/09 12:04 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Universal Health really sucks  I have them. Humana Family has a dr in fl. only problem is they aren't taken anymore people in broward county. If you live outside of broward you can see if they are accepting where you are the have bariactic nutrition and everything.I hope to be able to switch in sept.

Ambria
on 12/8/08 1:21 am

FloridaBariatricCenter.com
Dr. Todd Overcash
Ocala, Florida
352-368-2828

I just got off the phone with Dr. Overcash's office and they said that he is on a leave of abscence for 1-3 months or more and is not doing any surgeries.

She said Dr. Hoddinott is not a member of the Center of Execellence yet but may be soon.

My problem is I have Wellcare HMO with an out of network option/Medicare.  My insurance is willing to pay, but trying to get someone to take Wellcare is hard since they don't take Wellcare - only Medicare.  I talked to Dr. Overcash's office and they would have to talk to Wellcare, but then she said he was not doing any surgeries.
jean4580
on 12/30/08 4:11 am - St. Augustine, FL
RNY on 06/01/05 with
Hello,

Flagler Hospital and Dr. Marema in St. Augustine, Florida both accept Medicare.

Dr. Marema's office number is   904-829-9577. You can find more information in the website at www.flaglerhospital.org under the Bariatric tab. Also under find a hospital you can read the reviews. They are awesome. Dr. Marema has had surgery himself and has great patient outcomes.

Good Luck to All!
Best Decision I Ever Made.
jsmith7747
on 1/3/09 1:26 am - rochester , NY
Dr. Overcash in Ocala, Fl has done a ton of medicare patients.
lissa386
on 1/12/09 3:58 am - Lake City, FL

dr ben david shands gainesville

michelle O.
on 1/25/09 7:25 am - Tampa, FL
Dr. Jessee who does Lap Band or Realize Band recently started accepting Medicare. She does surgery at Palms of Pasedena hospital which is a center of excellence for Bariatric surgery.
www.shedthepounds.com
latreshar
on 1/28/09 1:19 am - lake city, FL
caymancic
on 4/2/09 1:27 pm - Orlando, FL
I had my surgery in Nov of 05.  Dr Raul Rosethal.  Can't say enough good things about him.  He accepted my Medicare.  I do not know if he has changed his acceptance of it.  He works at Cleveland Clinic/Hospital in Weston FL which is west of Ft Lauderdale.  I drove there from Orlando.

Now the prob with Medicare is you go thru all the hoops and you have your surgery and it is a toss up if they PAY for it.  So most MD's want you cleared for making your own payments if Medicare falls thru.  That is why so many dont accept/work with Medicare.

One of the most important subjects Medicare is interested in is your wanting to return to work.  Lets face it they want you back to work and no longer in the system.  Esp if your weight is the main detr to your working.

dj

Best of luck to everyone.  Would I do my R-N- Y again.  In a second.
PLennon
on 5/27/09 9:28 am - Orlando, FL
I am in Orlando. I'm on disability and ONLY have Medicare A/B. Nothing else. Anyone know where I can have this done that's not going to cost me a fortune?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views