MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:07 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

Michael Eak
on 11/29/07 8:07 am - Largo, FL
Ernest Rehnke, M.D. 1615 Pasadena Ave South, Ste 460 Saint Petersburg, FL 33707 Phone: (727) 344-0640 www.obesitynomorefl.com Does & is ranked as a "Center of Excellence"
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
Member Services
on 11/29/07 8:40 am - Irvine, CA
Thank you, this information is greatly appreciated. Take care, ObesityHelp

Pat D.
on 2/8/08 4:19 am - Middleburg, FL
Dr. Shebani who works closely with Dr. M. Jawad in Ocala, FL. Their number is: 352.351.5770, hope this helps
Patti W.
on 5/21/08 2:20 am - Lake City, FL
As of last October Dr. Jawad does not take Medicare any longer. Patti
panda2381
on 8/24/08 2:56 am - Ocala, FL
Hi there, I am under the understanding that the Dr has to be affililated with the Excelence of Merit.  Dr Jawad is but Dr Shebani does not come up on the listing.  Did Medicare pay or did you have to pay DR in full...If so if you do not mind what was the cost.
Julie_P
on 7/27/10 10:39 am
Dr Shebani is my doctor, very nice man and DOES except Medicare.

Julie
HW 310
Pre-Op appt 228
SW ?
GW 145
Surgery scheduled 8-5-10

marisolramirez
on 1/4/11 10:58 pm - lutz, FL
hi ernest my name is marisol ramirez  i live in tampa fl and am having problems findind a doctor dat will take medicaid i dont now if u or anybody reading this massage nows any one but i realy need my sergury i have 3 kids that are all day in school then to stay home over the weekend am sufering fro artrytis am with 5 feet toll and 300 pounds i barely move around so if any body outhere can help will be gladly apreciate good bless u   

marisol ramirez
cpcampbell
on 1/19/11 8:34 am
Hello Marisol,

I too live in Lutz and looking for a surgeon.  I will keep you posted if I find one and I hope you will do the same - hang in there, okay?

Carla

CpcampbellHighest Weight = 206 lbs.Surgery Weight = 185.6 lbs.Goal Weight = 130 lbs. (5'1")Current Weight = 116.2 lbs.
DaniHappy2Bhere
on 2/20/12 1:56 am
 Hi.  I have my first appointment with Dr Gonsalvo in Lutz coming up at the end of march.  They do their surgeries at the Palms of Pasadena hospital in St Petersburg for Medicare patients. You have to go through the hospital bariatric care center to make the appointment because they are the medicare providers.  This is their link: http://www.palmspasadena.com/services/weight_loss_surgery/ 
After looking over all of their physicians, I liked Dr. Gonzalvo the best. What got me is reports that he shows up at support group meetings when he doesn't have to just to see how people are. His office link is here: 
http://www.asawest.com/oursurgeons.php   Remember that for medicare you have to go through the hospital first, I'm just putting in the link so you can check him and his partner out. They assist each other during surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views