Where to begin?

bunnytails
on 11/27/07 7:03 am - Orlando, FL
Annie, I went with RNY due to my blood pressure and severe sleep apnea.  On the lap-band you lose slower then the RNY.    It's harder to cheat on the RNY.  You will pay the consequences if you eat to much or eat the wrong things.  I have a habbit of cheating or finding away out.  I know myself and I would of ended up having it removed or not go for my fill so I could eat more,   Also on the lap band you have to go for fills and fills can be very costly depending on  the type of fill you have.  My sleep apnea was severe and I would stop breathing during the night 87 times an hour and this would cause my blood pressure to go off the charts at night.  I would suffer from bad migrane headaches at least 4days out of 7.  Since my surgery I have not had one headache.  The decision was what was best for me and my health concerns.   When you go to the information session they will go over the different procedures available.  Celebration Health info session is on WED 6;00PM.   Its on the first floor conf. room 2.  The staff is wounderful.  I can't say enough.  When I had my surgery everytime I called the office the nurse always called me back .   My Insurance was BCBS out of ohio.  It also depends on your company if they are a self pay.  My company is a self pay with BCBS being the administrator.  They had strick guidlines I had to meet before they would cover the procedure.  It had to be medically necessary.   Dr. Kim was out of the network so they only covered 50% of the Dr. bill.   I did have to pay entire  Dr. fee up front 6995.00 and the insurance  company reimbursed me 50%.   The hospital and all other procedures were covered at 100% because I had met my deductable.    I went with USBariatric because Dr. Kim was highly recommended and they have an excelant after care program that is critical to your success.   I hope this answers some of your questions.  You can also check my profile to see additional information I needed for my insurance company.  It was a long process,  But at the end it's worth it.     Im so glad you have a understanding husband that is so importent going through this life changing event.  Neice

Kristen H.
on 11/26/07 10:11 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Annie,

Welcome to the board. As you can see, we are a very diverse group made up of different surgical practices, surgeries...you name it. As Red wrote, be sure to research all of the different surgeries (and surgeons.) I am at every information session for US Bariatric Orlando in Celebration. Should you decide to check us out, please be sure to stop by and say hello. I am a three-year post-op of Dr. Kim's. I read your post and did a little time warp in my head, you sound like me when I was thinking about weight loss surgery. Just remember that there is always hope.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Annie Q.
on 11/26/07 11:20 am - Ocoee, FL
Kristen, Dr. Kim actually came very highly recommended from the pastic surgeon.  My husband and I want to attend the session.  I understand that it is Wednesday's at 6pm.  Is that correct?  Where is it held?  I'm semi-familiar with Celebration as well as Celebration Health. Look forward to seeing you there! Annie
John Hoffmann
on 11/29/07 9:26 am - Baltimore, MD
Annie, I could say alot of things that would either make you feel better or worse.  But rest assured that most of us here have "been there, done that", and can totally relate to what you are feeling.  My best advice to you is to read the profiles and stories of the successful bariatric patients on this site.  Probably the best testimonials you can get.  I know it helped me make up my mind when I was in the place you are in.  I will be 43 years old in January, and I feel 100% better now (both physically and emotionally) than I did when I was 18.  Good luck to you, I know you'll make the right decision. Right now I'm off to the gym.  This weekend, decorating the house, Christmas shopping and hanging out on the beach working on my tan.  I love life!! John

John 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views