bariatric store in pompano

JACKIESMOM
on 12/3/07 9:41 pm - FL
i will be there with the husband falling asleep .lol diane suggested i bring him, i am sure he can't wait. good luck with the cardiologist. who are you going to?

musiclady
on 12/4/07 10:14 am - Boca Raton, FL
Hi JackiesMom, It was very nice to meet you this afternoon.....There was alot information to digest.  I can't imagine working full time, raising a family and having to organize everything to get ready for the surgery.  You have my admiration. It couldn't have been too interesting for the guys and they all deserve applause for not falling asleep.  My cardiologist is Jay Baker with Cardiology Associates in Boca Raton.  I think he's a fine doctor and although he's asking me to jump through hoops before he'll clear me, I know it's the right thing to do.  Take care and hopefully I'll see you Tuesday. Annette
JACKIESMOM
on 12/4/07 10:26 am - FL
it was lovely to meet you too. the guys do get my applause for not falling asleep. my husband was a bit nervous about the comlications but he is supportive. i hope everything goes wonderful with Dr baker. please let me know  how  your appointment goes on friday. the good thing about this site is if you ask a question there is so much support.  i just hope i dont have any puking, i hate throwing up. there is so much prep involved. i feel lucky that hannukah is this week because it will make things go quicker because i will be busy. take care and  please keep in touch! good night, erica

musiclady
on 12/9/07 1:28 am - Boca Raton, FL
Hi Erica, Things got hectic for me since last we emailed...my Dr. visit turned out that he wanted me to go to the next level of testing on my heart to be certain there would be no problem.  And so, on Friday I had a cardiac catherization at Del Ray Medical Center.  The good news is that all my artieries are free and clear - no blockages and my heart is strong.  They did keep me overnight just to make sure the surgical site didn't bleed.  So I'm home and trying to organize everything in preparation for Tuesday.  I have butterflies but I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Please tell me how you are doing. Are you prepared to be away from home for the 2-3 days?  Got your overnighter packed? Did you fill your prescriptions and are ready with the vitamins etc?  Would love to hear from you - I need some input from a fellow traveler on this marvelously scary journey. Annette
JACKIESMOM
on 12/9/07 6:36 am - FL
 I AM GLAD YOUR TESTS TURNED OUT  OK. WHAT TIME IS YOUR SURGERY ON TUESDAY. I AM AT 11AM. I HAD PRE-OP BLOOD WORK DONE AT  HOSPITAL AD AM STARTING TO GET NERVOUS. I WENT TO FILL PERSCRIPTIONS TODAY AND THE PAIN MED WAS $50, SO I LEFT IT  AND I WILL CALL DIANE TOMORROW AND SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE. I WILL PACK TONIGHT AND WILL MISS MY FAMILY ALOT.PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING. TAKE CARE. WE WILL PROBABLY SEE EACH OTHER WALKING AROUND.

musiclady
on 12/9/07 8:47 am - Boca Raton, FL
I filled all the RX's since I'm still a little fuzzy on what gets taken when.  Jules will help me go through the paperwork tonight to organize the meds and what I'll need as soon as I come home. I was told my surgery time would be 7:30 am.  I have to be there by 5:30am.  I bought all my prescriptions at WalMart and here's what I paid: The syringes for the B12 shots cost me $7.54 for 12; the pain medication Hycet was $35.00; the generic for Actigall is Ursodiol and it was $10.00; the Protonix was $60.00; the stuff to inject for Vit B12 "Cyanocobalam" cost $6.62; total cost a little over $110.00.  It will also depend on what kind of insurance you have and then you don't have to buy it all once like I did. I spent the better part of today cleaning out the fridge and organizing my grocery closet so I'd know what I have and maybe what I need.  Tomorrow I plan on packing my bag (after I do a last wash so my robe is freshly laundered).  Don't forget the suggestion to bring your own pillow with a colored case on it, some chap stick, phone #'s of friends, pictures of your family and a magazine or two. I'm getting excited and can't believe I'm really going to do this.  It feels good to have perfect strangers becoming friends to lean on.  We'll rock !!!!!  :)    :) Annette
JACKIESMOM
on 12/9/07 1:40 pm - FL
it has come so quick. i cant belive its almost here. are you nrevous? i need to get a few more things at the grocery store ,do laundry and pack my robe,glasses,toothbrush, ect.... i guesss i am right after you  ,so i will see you around the halls. we'll race:)  i truly wish you the best of luck!! keep in touch, see you  soon.

Jan Ocala
on 12/1/07 11:47 pm - Ocala, FL
Not only is BariatricEating the best of the best, your surgeon recommends the place and uses Miss Dolly for education!  Ask for Teresa and tell her Jan sent ya!!
Marianne C.
on 12/3/07 4:24 am - Hudson, FL
I have 2 friends who live down that way (near Ft. Lauderdale) and I plan to go to the store when I visit my friends next month. I can't wait to go visit the Bariatric Eating store and meet Dolly and the others IN person.  They have done a lot of research and testing of their products so I feel very confident in everything they sell.  I have been ordering all of my protein, vitamins and more from them for quite a while now. I order them online. You can visit the online store at http://www.bariatriceating.com   -Marianne Castiglia Pasco Hernando OH Support Group Co-Leader

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

JACKIESMOM
on 12/3/07 9:42 pm - FL
thank you so much. i love to hear positives about something.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views