bariatric store in pompano

JACKIESMOM
on 11/21/07 10:11 am - FL
has anyone been to the Bariatric store in pompano? i am pre-op and was thinking of going there but didn't know what anyone thought of it. i heard they have lots of protein shakes and puddings ect... i was just wondering,let me know. thank you all!!!

John Hoffmann
on 11/21/07 12:28 pm - Baltimore, MD
Hey Jackiesmom, I go there every couple of weeks.  They have all kinds of protein shakes, bars, vitamins, WLS friendly foods and snacks, they'll even mix up a shake for you there so you know if you like something before you buy.  Maria and Dolly are great.  I highly recommend the place.  Take care. John

John 

JACKIESMOM
on 11/21/07 10:13 pm - FL
thanks. maybe i will run into you there. is it worth checking out before surgery, i hear your tastbuds change. can you do shakes with dairy or should i try soy first. thanks

John Hoffmann
on 11/22/07 2:31 am - Baltimore, MD
I would suggest getting samples, dont go hog wild buying stuff cause your taste definately does change.  I remember before surgery, I used to love baked chicken, for about a year post op I couldnt stand the sight of it.  I used to love sausage, to this day still wont eat it.  Thank God I didnt lose my taste for peanut butter, thats a daily thing for me now.  I was able to do dairy, to this day I have a protein shake every morning with Unjury and 2% milk.  Everybody's different though, you'll have to wait and see what you can tolerate.  Keep in touch. John

John 

JACKIESMOM
on 11/22/07 5:29 am - FL
does unjury tast good? i bought a few samples from whole foods and they were gross. slim fast low carb is tollerable(15 grm protein) and atkins is not bad. i would like to try the isopure ones as well. was the store expensive? did you ever find a pcp close to you? i think you were the one looking a whgile back,right?

John Hoffmann
on 11/22/07 9:00 am - Baltimore, MD
I love Unjury, but everybodys taste is different.  Who knows, you may like it after surgery when your tastes change.  I use the chocolate and the vanilla.  I think they make a strawberry and an unflavored.  I couldnt stand Atkins, never really tried any others.  Oh there was one, the one they gave you at Cleveland Clinic, I think it was called Zot or something like that, the grossest **** I ever tasted. I dont think the store was expensive, but its all relative.  You gotta remember that the stuff they sell is specialy stuff.  Most of it you can get online through the individual company if you want.  The calcium I use is made by Bariatric Advantage and they sell it there for the same price as the manufacturer.  But with the manufacturer, you have to pay the shipping.  You just gotta check them out, whatever is more feasable for you.  At least at the Pompano store, it's convienent. No luck with the PCP.  I actually have to have surgery on 12/10.  Have to have some old mesh removed from a previous hernia surgery thats causing me problems.  Hopefully wont be a bid deal and I'll be in and out.  I'm having it done at North Broward.  I'll start looking again for a PCP after the new year, once this is behind me. You never said where you live.  When do you think you'll be having surgery and who with?  Keep in touch. John

John 

JACKIESMOM
on 11/26/07 12:50 pm - FL
i live in sunrise which is west broward county. my date is 12-11-07. i am starting to freak out a bit. i have so many things to remember with home,work and pre-op stuff, i feel like i am going to forget something BIG. i really hope i am sucessful . i am a vegetarian so i am afraid i will not get in enough protein. i am hoping i dont care about food anymore. keep in touch,take care

musiclady
on 12/2/07 1:53 pm - Boca Raton, FL
Hi Jackie'sMom, I am having the RNY on the same date as you by the same surgeon.  Can you tell me where this bariatric store in Pompano is?  I'm assuming we will get a list from his office of vitamins, and proteins we should have on hand.  I haven't been totally cleared by my doctors yet because of a blip on one of my tests.....I'll know on Tuesday morning if its a go.  If so, Dec. 11th is my date at Northwest Medical Center in Margate..........you too?  Wishing you lots of luck....:) Musiclady
JACKIESMOM
on 12/2/07 9:40 pm - FL
maybe we will see each other. the bariatric store is in pompano and i hear it has all kinds of protein shakes,powders,puddings and lots of other things. i heard they let you try everything too. i need to go soon. wow, same day,same doc,same hospital. i wonder which one will be first???  i do wish you lots of luck and we will probably see each other walking the halls of the hospital with our butts sticking out the back. i will be the thirty something blonde that will be whining like a baby. xoxoxox

musiclady
on 12/3/07 4:53 am - Boca Raton, FL
Thanks alot for the information....I'm supposed to go to Dr. Wizman's office tomorrow for my pre-op class but first I have to see my cardiologist in the morning to get the word on my test.  That will determine whether my Dec. 11th date is a go or not.  So, I hope to be there and maybe meet you.  I'll be the 60 something grandma who wishes  she had done this 20 years ago. Annette  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views