OT: Anyone here grow up in Bradenton?

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/07 1:41 am
I'm a Florida girl...grew up there and went to high school at Bayshore High.  I married a military guy and have been traveling ever since.  As of October 3rd, hubby just retired from the Air Force and we have settled here in Texas. I'm just looking for some hometown friends that may of had WLS too!! talk to me people.... Dawn
syke32680
on 11/14/07 3:54 am - FL
I have lived in Palmetto my whole life!!  How do you like Texas?

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/07 4:28 am
I don't like it!!  It's hot like Florida...humid like Florida but I'm not near any beautiful beaches.  I used to love camping in Ocala.  I've went camping 3 times at a popular lake, while here...it's gross!! One thing I did notice...they don't have the "seasonal" old people here like you do in  FL.....LOL Wish we could of retired in FL but there is no way we could afford home owners insurance since all the big hurricanes.   Blow a kiss towards Bradenton for me.... Dawn
syke32680
on 11/14/07 4:34 am - FL
Kiss is blown! The homeowners insurance is coming down a tad I believe for the ones that really sky rocketed but yeah they are really high and it sucks.  Mine hasnt been to bad but keeps going up everywhere. yeah the "seasonal" old people are a pain in the ass LOL

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/07 9:09 am

Hey there, I am a native of Bradenton and still live here.  I graduated from Manatee in 1977, went away to college and came back for family reasons. I had WLS in Dec 2005.  Yep, we have a great support group locally.   Anything special you want to ask about?  I have been here a very long time.  LOL Vicky

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/07 9:59 am
Hi Vicky, no....just looking for old friends...new ones too.  Me & hubby's family still live in Bradenton and some in Sarasota.  I was just getting a little homesick!!  I haven't been back home in over 10yrs. I graduated from Bayshore in 82, hubby graduated from Bayshore in 81.  Since hubby has been in the Air Force...we've been bouncing back & forth from the US to South Korea for the past 20 years.   My mother-n-law is the head of surgery at Manatee Memorial.  My sis-n-law works as a nurse at Blake and brother-n-law works as a physician asst. at Manatee Memorial too.  My parents are buried at the old Oneco/Bradenton cemetary.   I haven't put flowers on their grave in so long...... Like I said...just feeling like I'm missing a part of home!!!!   Thanks- Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 11/14/07 10:22 am
Dawn, You are very due for a visit to the gulf coast!  I was born at Manatee Memorial and all of my family are buried in Oneco also. Bayshore became a high school my sophomore year.  I had lots of friends over there, but all older than you and your husband.  But since it is still a town, I bet our people have crossed paths. My WLS was at Manatee with Dr. Esti.  I am sure your in laws know of this fine surgeon.   Bradenton has grown but it is still a community town.  A little more sprawling but your enighbors still know what you are up to! I could be a chamber of commerce spokesperson for Bradenton.  It is a good life.  My husband is a transplant from NW Indiana, near Chicago.  He is a permanent here now, believe me! What were your favorite hang outs in town? Vicky
(deactivated member)
on 11/14/07 9:59 pm
Well, hang outs....hmmmm, I went to middle school and Bradenton Middle.  I use to stay after school and run in their "mile" club.  My parents were really religious, so Bayshore Baptist Church was a big part of my life.  I lived in Holiday Heights...right off of 53rd, near Bayshore High. I used to go to DeSoto Square mall all the time...just to mall mope.  In high school, I was a "Honey Bear"....track team.....swim team...   The weekends were volleyball at the beach.  I also belonged to the FFA club in high school .  I raised a steer each year for the fair.  Through church, I had some friends that went to Southeast High and I kept my steer out at their house.  They taught me how to rope'em and take care of him.  Eventually I got a horse (Tennesse Walker) and rode in the Sheriff's mounted posse. That was always fun when the parades came to town. Gosh, all these warm fuzzies coming back over me!!!!  Thanks for giving me the chance to go back down memory lane.... Dawn
carlak
on 11/15/07 10:30 pm - Bradenton, FL
Hi There, I just moved to Bradenton from Colorado in Augest. I am loving it here. I work in Sarasota at the Super Cuts at Lockwod Ridge and University.  I left Denver cause of the Bigness. It was getting to be like little Chicago!!!!! People being rude as can be. We are renting my cousins house and I dont intend on buying a house here cause of the insurance rates!!!!!! I am dreading getting car insurance. I still have Colorado Insurance till january!!!!! We still havent sold our home in Colorado. I hope by the end of the month!!!!! I am to looking for friends as I dont have any to hang out with here!!!! I have been to the support group here but with working on evenings it is hard to get off. But Ill try. Well off to work. See you in the Neighborhood!!!!! Carla Klein
image hosting site

wendygail
on 11/16/07 6:51 pm - Live Oak, FL
Hi Prayeriedawn.

I grew up in Arcadia. Moved to Live Oak after I graduated in 87 due to family illness. I do from time to time,miss seeing old friends from there.

We use to do a lot of shopping there,and beach going.
Very pretty area.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views