First appt on Thursday-SO EXCITED!!!

Flor_Bellas
on 11/11/07 1:17 pm - Miami, FL
Well, my appt. day is fast approaching.  This Thursday is my first appt and first step towards getting my band removed and getting RNY.  Today I had a breakthrough...I'm no longer scared of having the surgery and am prepared mentally to handle any post-op pain which was a biggie for me.  I know I'm still a bit away from getting an actual date, but the ball is starting to roll.  I'm getting new insurance that supposedly has bariatric benefits in January, but I want to have the surgery during the holidays.  So I'm stuck between getting it now and self pay or wait till insurance kicks in January but not have time to schedule surgery until April due to school.  What to do?  I've got some soul searching to do on that one.
Redhaired
on 11/12/07 4:17 am - Mouseville, FL
I hope your consult goes well.  Regarding the self pay vs insurance thing.  If you decide to self pay just be sure your insurance will cover any complications that may arise.  Even a minor infection could cause a financial nightmare should it require additional hospital days and heaven forbide you should have a leak or some other thing happen.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views