What to take to the Hosiptal

Ines_N
on 11/7/07 11:30 pm
Hi everyone: I was told on Monday that I finally got approved by my insurance company.  My surgery is set for December 6th.  I need your help as to what I need to take to the hospital. Thanks, Ines
elilicious
on 11/8/07 1:16 am - Casselberry, FL
What procedure are you having?  Did they say you have to stay overnight?  I had same day surgery.  I brought slippers, a robe, and chapstick. 
Ines_N
on 11/8/07 11:41 pm
I'm having gastric bypass surgery.
Redhaired
on 11/8/07 2:03 am, edited 11/8/07 2:03 am - Mouseville, FL
Take a back scratcher.  You know the kind you get in the dollar store that is like a stick with a monkey paw on the end.  I do not know what I would have done without mine.  In fact, when I was in the hospital every time the infectious disease doc came in to see -- she would pick it up and scratch my back while we talked. Red Edited to add:  If you use a CPAP machine ask your surgeon about taking your machine to the hospital with you.

sandyfeets
on 11/8/07 2:51 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
The less you take the better...
Absolute MUST haves
Chapstick
Comb,
Toothbrush and paste
iPod or MP3--helps the time pass
loose clothes to go home in
Pillow for the car ride home
Robe and slippers

Other people may suggest other things... pick and choose what you think you can't live with out.

Beatriz A.
on 11/8/07 3:46 am - Sunny Miami, FL
socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beatriz
slimderella
on 11/8/07 5:51 am - Orlando, FL
Congrats on your date - that's great! I would definitely advice Vaseline instead of the Chapstick, especially if you have an NG tube put in (depends on type of surgery and your surgeon). My mouth and nose got so dry it was worse than my open RNY.  And if you have open, you may want a nightgown and robe for your ride home as opposed to comfy pants and a t-shirt so they don't irritate any staples that you may have.  And don't forget to bring a pillow to hold against your tummy for when you need to cough or go over bumps in the road.  And finally, go with confidence that you are going to come out on the other side ready to win your battle against obesity and you will do great! ~ Monica
Suzanna N.
on 11/8/07 9:53 am - Ocala, FL
ditto on the pillow. that thing was my best friend for two weeks!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views