REMINDER! OH SUPPORT GROUP IN HUDSON

Marianne C.
on 11/7/07 9:53 pm - Hudson, FL
Don't forget that tonight at 7PM is our WLS support group meeting at the Hudson Library! It's a meeting you do not want to miss because we have a terrific speaker tonight. Dr. Grant Willis will speak on exercise and the muscles and how it all relates to our overall health. He has quite a range of qualifications including: Exercise Physiologist (9 years) Chiropractic Physician Athletic Trainer (14 years) Personal Trainer (14 years) Nutritional Advisor (9 years) Special Populations Training/Hospital Setting (8 years) State Level Olympic Soccer Team Trainer The meeting begins at 7PM. After Dr. Willis gives his talk he will be answering any questions you may have.  The Hudson Library is at 8012 Library Road in Hudon,  off of Fivay Rd which runs between Hudson Ave and Little Road. If you need further directions to the library you can look it up on Google or call the Hudson Library at (727) 861-3020. Hope to see you there! Marianne Castiglia

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/07 10:44 pm - Hudson, FL

Hi Marianne, you look great!! Will probably be after the holidays before I get to come to the support group meetings.  Sounds like a fun time tho.  Just had my tt and still re-cuperating but it gets better day by day.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving and tell all there I am coming soon!

Marianne C.
on 11/8/07 3:01 pm - Hudson, FL
Good to hear from you Melanie!  We would have loved to have seen you tonight but I sure do understand and I'm glad that all went well with your plastics and you are on your way and getting better. We did have a terrific meeting tonight. Our speakers were fantastic and everyone was very impressed. Next month we have a dietician who specializes in bariatric surgery. She is phenomenol. If there's any chance you can make it, you will NOT be sorry. The date next month is Thursday, December 6th at 7PM in the Hudson Library. Due to the holidays we had to change the day of our meetings but in January we will go back to the third Wednesday of every month. I will be sure to post here on the Florida board to remind everyone.  Happy Thanksgiving to you too Melanie. I (unfortunately) have to be in UPSTATE New York for 2 weeks. BRRRRRRR! Marianne C. Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

lou-lou
on 11/10/07 11:17 am - Homosassa, FL
I'm so glad to read this I live in Homosassa and have my consult this friday. I was hoping to find some support in the area. I have been doing lots of research and feel pretty well armed for the visit. I am unfortunately, no finding lots of support with my friends and family. 
Marianne C.
on 11/10/07 12:07 pm - Hudson, FL
Oh then you NEED to come join us so you can make new friends locally Lou Lou!  I want to get a walking group going too! We will talk more about that at our meeting. So you have your consult coming up huh? Who is your surgeon? Where will you have your surgery!  You absolutely can NOT miss this upcoming meeting in December! It's on December 6th.... we have a DYNOMITE dietician who specializes in bariatric surgery. She will be doing a great talk at the meeting and every time I hear her I learn more and more. She is also very motivational. Let me know if you need directions ok?  Do you know where Hudson Beach is? It's not too far from there.  Anyway... we have a really nice group of people and each month is nice to see the same people.  You really get to know each other and follow each others journey and get so excited for them. Fun to watch their progress.

lou-lou
on 11/11/07 3:35 am - Homosassa, FL
I will try to make it to the next meeting, I know where Hudson beach is it really depends on the day of the week and the time. I work m-f 9-5 and have a 14 yo and a 3yo so timing is sometimes tricky for me.   I have my consult this friday in Ocala with Dr Jawad, please have a good thought for me I'm alittle nervous bcbs will not give approval. I realize that I can (and will) go through the appeal process but I am finally ready to really do this and don't really want to have to battle to make it work. Selfish isn't it, I want it my way and I want it now!!!! when I read that I realized I'm sounding much like my 3 year old! Thanks for listen ing to me whine.
Marianne C.
on 11/11/07 3:48 am - Hudson, FL
Ah Lou Lou you are NO different than I was... I was soooo impatient and was very tired of all the hoops they made me jump through. But I realized that it just wasn't going to happen unless I was determined and stubborn like a bull. It took me over a year from the time I started the process because of several setbacks including my surgeon quitting. Don't let BCBS bully you! I have them too and I fought and they paid. What are they denying you for? Have you read their requirements thoroughly? I read and read and RE read mine and every once in a while I'd notice something that wasn't quite clear so I'd be on the phone with them to make sure I was fullfilling what they needed to the letter.  Keep fighting girl!  It may take a while and it may take all the UMPH you got but I PROMISE it will be sooooo worth it!!!   -Marianne C.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views