New To the Brooksville/Spring Hill Area

KDay78
on 11/4/07 11:31 pm - Philly Girl In the Sunshine State, FL
Hello everyone.I have been in the Brooksville/Spring Hill area for a week now and decided its time to find out about area doctors.Does anyone know of a good Lapband doctor in the Brooksville/Spring Hill area that I can go to for fills and check ups.Also are there any supports groups in the area also.Since the move I have fallen off the wagon big time and need to get on track. Thank You In Advance
Stacie S.
on 11/5/07 4:35 am - Spring Hill, FL
Hello!  I can't help you with finding a lapband doctor, but I did want to welcome you to the area.  I also live in Spring Hill!  My PCP is Dr. Scot Gebhardt, (on Mariner, near HWY 50) and I am his only DS patient, but he seems willing to help and learn.   I can't say he's entirely pro-WLS, he's very nice and I do like him.  
Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Michael Eak
on 11/5/07 7:15 am - Largo, FL
K. this OH Support Grouyp just got under way last month. This is the Listing under Support Groups here in ObesityHelp. Pasco/Herrnando Florida County WLS Support Group
Hudson Library in Hudson
Meetings are the third Wednesday of every month from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Leader:  Marianne Castiglia Profile Contact As to Fills guessing you have already received a LapBanding try www.fillcentersusa.com  Also www.journeylite.com in the New Tampa area of Hillsborough County.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
Sandy W.
on 11/6/07 8:15 am - Spring Hill, FL
Hi K, Welcome to Spring Hill,  I also live in Spring Hill, My Doctor is Dr Jaward.  He has offices in Ocala, Orlando and Jacksonville.  I have not heard of anyone in Spring Hill/Brooksville to do fills.   Also a new support group just started two month ago in Hudson for all of us in this area.  The meeting are normally on the 3rd Wednesday but with the holidays we are having it this Thursday.  If you would like to go I would be happy for you to ride with me and Sue.  Send me a private message and I will give you the info on getting to my house.  I live close to Northcliff and 19 and we go right down 19 to get to the Hudson Library.   You will be back on track soon. Sandy Wesley
Marianne C.
on 11/8/07 3:10 pm - Hudson, FL
Hey there K!  Welcome to the wonderful area of the Nature Coast! It's sooo beautiful here! I am a co leader of the support group that everyone is talking about. We just had our 3rd meeting tonight and had 2 very good speakers that everyone seemed to really enjoy. Next month our meeting is on Thursday, December 6th at 7PM and we will be having a dietician who specializes in bariatric surgery! She is terrific and if there's any chance you can make it we would love to meet you! Our group is growing nicely and we have lots of plans for the future.  I hope to meet you in December! -Marianne C.  Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views