Rambling check in

StaceyS
on 11/3/07 5:57 am - Coral Springs, FL
Hello everyone,

Even though I haven't been up to posting, I have been reading.

I'm trying to keep busy and get back to some sort of the normal. The therapist said I'll never get back to "my normal" but I'm trying to get through each day. I did isolate myself a lot last week, but really, I was exhausted. I went back to work and since DH and I are in the same field, everything was a reminder. All I wanted to do when I got home was take care of my dogs and go to bed, which is what I pretty much did. I was out most of the day today and managed to get quite a few frames for our wedding pictures that I had been wanting to put up.  Going out to dinner with my family tonight and even though I just want to stay home and be alone, I think Bruce would want me to go out.

Anyway, I'm trying to get food in. The thought of it makes me sick, so I'm drinking protein shakes and eating when I can.  I hear  DH's voice in my head telling me to eat and drink, but it's so hard. jhe was/is my biggest supporter! I truly believe that my surgery was a gift from my husband and firmly believe that had I not had the surgery before his passing, would be well on my way to 400lbs. I was watching a show on TLC the other day about several housebound severly morbidly obese people and started to cry when I realized that could have been me.

To those of you considering the surgery - do it.  Second to marrying my DH, it was the best thing I've ever done.

I did add some new (old) pictures.  I will take my three month post-op pictures later this month.

Thanks to all of you for the cards and support. It means so much.

Stacey

Highest - 330     Liquid diet - 326   Surgery day -  308.5
AOL IM: Staceyshoppersfl

Redhaired
on 11/3/07 12:58 pm - Mouseville, FL
Stacey- My sincere condolences for your loss.  Take good care of yourself. Red

Kristen H.
on 11/3/07 10:25 pm - Orlando, FL
Hi Stacey,

I am so sorry for your loss. During this difficult time, I know you will draw upon your own strength and the strength of loved ones (including us on OH) that hold you in their thoughts.

Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr