B12 Injections?

sds1arm2
on 10/31/07 1:32 am - Orlando, FL
Have any of you tried B12 injections to aid in weight loss? There has been some research on B12 and how it help to increase metabolism. I also know that some weight loss clinics give these injections to help as well. Just looking for some feedback on this matter.
Ali

Ruth S.
on 10/31/07 11:21 am - Orlando, FL
B12 is indicated to aid in keeping us from developing neuropathy...in other words preserving the central nervous system...and perhaps helps aid metabolism..but I have not heard it to help lose weight per se. I think is more along the lines of the people who have a more invasive surgery like the RNY, DS and perhaps others but I think you're okay if you have the lapband since you don't have the malabsorptive aspect.
Luvitsunny
on 10/31/07 12:34 pm - Sunny South, FL

One of my diet ventures prior to WLS was with a female physician who administered B12 as part of her weight loss plan.  I lost and unfortunately gained at all back once I stopped.  Now that I have had WLS I give myself the B12 shots.  They sure boost my energy levels!

See God's track record in your journey,

decide that you will trust Him. 

sds1arm2
on 10/31/07 11:05 pm - Orlando, FL
When you were taking B12 as part of a weight loss plan what was the dose and how often were you getting the injections?
Ali

jcauley
on 10/31/07 10:31 pm - tarpon springs, FL
I give myself B-12 injections  but not for weight loss, I have not seen any ifo that it helps or not.
Jean Cauley
Tarpon Springs Fl
RNY 5/15/06
Dr. John Paul Gonzalvo

Kristen H.
on 11/1/07 9:34 am - Orlando, FL
Many weight loss programs give B12 injections as a way of boosting energy. The conventional wisdom is that the more energy you have, the more active you will be, the more calories you will expend, etc. Of course, B12 will only give you energy if you are deficient in B12.

What research can you cite? I'm curious.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
OneNewLife
on 11/9/07 2:21 am - Port Charlotte, FL
Hi, My doctor has me on B-12 shots.  I give them to myself once a month 1 cc ... no more he says.  This is for energy though and not for the bariactric surgery I had done.   Karen
Amanda C.
on 11/15/07 12:16 pm - Winter park, FL

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views