SUPPORT GROUPS

shoegirl1023
on 10/28/07 7:18 am - Solon, OH
I HAD MY SURGERY AT HOLY CROSS ALMOST 2 YRS AGO, AND HAVE BEEN ATTENDING THEIR ONCE A MONTH SUPPORT GROUP MOST TIMES. BUT LATELY THEY ARE A LITTLE ON THE BORING SIDE AS THEY ARE NOT SPLITTING INTO GROUPS. IN THE BEGINNING THEY WOULD SPLIT INTO LAP BANDING,  PRE OP,  6 - 12 MONTHS POST OP  AND 1 YEAR OR MORE POST OP, BUT AS THERE HAVEN'T BEEN ENOUGH PEOPLE ATTENDING OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS, WE ALL SIT TOGETHER. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY OTHER SUPPORT GROUPS AROUND THAT I COULD TRY. I LIVE IN WESTON, SO ANYWHERE WITHIN 45 MILES OF ME WOULD BE GOOD. NOT MIAMI. JUST THE FT LAUDERDALE SURROUNDING AREAS. THANKS.

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

StaceyS
on 10/28/07 8:20 pm - Coral Springs, FL
Hi Joanne, Cleveland Clinic Weston has a support group meeting tonight.  The chat group is at 5 and there is a speaker at 6.  The meetings are usually packed with people. Hope to see you there. Here is the link: http://www.clevelandclinic.org/florida/departments/bariatric /calendar2007oct.swf Stacey

Highest - 330     Liquid diet - 326   Surgery day -  308.5
AOL IM: Staceyshoppersfl

shoegirl1023
on 10/28/07 11:11 pm - Solon, OH
Hi Stacey thanks for your reply. I once went to that meeting and it was good, it's just that 5pm isn't always a good time for me and I know I can't make it today. Who is the speaker this week and do they have a speaker every week? Have a good day

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

Kristen H.
on 11/2/07 11:21 am - Orlando, FL
Wow lady, you are looking good!! I am sure that you feel just as good, too!

Have you tried the online support groups at USB?
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
shoegirl1023
on 11/6/07 4:53 am - Solon, OH
Hi, How are u doing and thank's for your reply and compliment. I go to the USB's support group but I was just looking for an additional one to go to. Take care

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader

John Hoffmann
on 10/29/07 11:51 am - Baltimore, MD
JoAnne, I attend a support group meeting at the Renfrew Center is Deerfield Beach.  The group meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month, from 7PM till 8:30 PM.  The center is located off Lyons Rd. just north of Hillsboro Blvd.  The meetings are mediated by Sandy Arioli, who works at the bariatric department at Bethesda Hospital in Boynton Beach (where I live). This is a good group, a little more intimate than the hospital groups.  Some of the people are out quite a few years.  I had my surgery at Cleveland Clinic and agree that the meeting time is a little inconvienent, though I work in Plantation.  Plus, I like going twice a month instead of once. Sandy is on vacation until the first meeting in January, so the group will be meeting without her (could be a little chaotic).  I am not able to make the first meeting in November due to prior committment, and we wont have a meeting the second Thursday in December due to Christmas.  If you want to give it a shot, you may want to wait till the first of the year. Anyway, sorry to write a novel.  Good luck. John

John 

shoegirl1023
on 10/29/07 9:08 pm - Solon, OH
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY JOHN, IT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT MEETING BUT UNFORTUNATELY A LITTLE TOO FAR FOR ME, I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE IT IS. BUT I WONT RULE IT OUT AND MAY COME THERE ONE OF THESE DAYS. TAKE CARE

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views