Bad Taste

Susan G.
on 10/26/07 7:10 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Thoses on liquids only.  What do you do to get rid of the bad taste in your mouth.  Besides mouth wash every hour. Is there something to suck on without sugar in it?  Please let me know.  Thanks. Susan
sandyfeets
on 10/26/07 1:29 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
From your posted surgery date, I'd say that "bad taste" is the effect of Ketosis. Your body is in the rapid weight loss stage and you are burning fat.
There really is NOTHING you can do. Go ahead and brush your teeth, use mouthwash, and get some sugar free breathe mints.
It's a 'nasty' point of the weight loss journey... but tolerable!!

Jen D.
on 10/26/07 1:49 pm - Central, FL
Even your best friends won't tell you, but the "bad taste" can also translate into "bad breath!"   The only thing I've found that masks the taste and the smell (temporarily anyway) are Smint breath mints.  They are super tiny super strong sugar free mints.  You may have to look in a few places to find them, but Walgreens typically carries 'em. Good luck!!

Jen D.

PreVSG/PostVSG:  263/193

Restart/Current/Goal:  235/228/160

Susan G.
on 10/27/07 6:29 am - Boynton Beach, FL

Thanks for your reply's.  I will look for them.

Susan

Kristen H.
on 10/27/07 9:25 am - Orlando, FL
Is the taste metallic? Sometimes a patient will develop thrush after surgery due to the hormonal upheaval.

HTH.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Susan G.
on 10/28/07 6:34 am - Boynton Beach, FL
No it isn'y a metalic taste.   It's dry mouth and smells bad and tastes bad.  No special kind of taste.  I'll try the mints and see what happens.  It goes away with mouthwash but doesn't last long.  Thanks for your reply. Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views