HELP! Muscle Cramps!!!!!!

Vickie J
on 10/26/07 2:04 am - Tallahassee, FL
Jan, Thanks for the input!  I called my PCP and he order me to drink quinine water & add Slow Mag to my supplements.  I'm on my way to his office in a few minutes to have blood drawn for a Metabolic Panel to check out potassium & other things.  I just had my huge, annual labs done in Aug. where he checked everything (to the tune of 9 tubes of blood) and except for my cholesterol creeping up, all was fine.  But I guess things could have changed in the past 2 months.  Guess I'll know more in a few days. I've already increased my fluids and will try to keep them up. Thanks again! Vickie J.

Vickie J. 
"Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment."

Jan Ocala
on 10/26/07 2:54 am - Ocala, FL
You might ask him what OTC supplements you could get at your local health food store.  I get cramps often too, and they aren't really a whole lot of fun.  I drink the moment they start and I also have some kind of supplement that I take.
slimderella
on 11/8/07 5:46 am - Orlando, FL
Hey Vickie. I;m a nursing student and several of my patients have low Calcium and they come in with the same complaints, so you may want to make sure he is checking all electrolytes when he does your labs. Also, and this isn't anything you'd find a medical journal or anything, but one of my lab professor's swears to it, but her mother has frequent leg cramps at night while she's asleep, so she puts a bar of Ivory soap under each of her calves.  Something about an ingredient in the soap helps to prevent the cramps from happening in the first place. I know it sounds crazy, but it's worth a try!  I wish you luck, and keep us posted! ~ Monica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views