I'm Home

Susan G.
on 10/23/07 6:19 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Hi All: Thanks for all your well-wishes.  I'm writing to all instead of individual because I'm still having some problems and it's easier.  This is the first time on my comp since surgery Oct. 16. Well, it was a little complicated being they had to do 2 additional things they really didn't expect.  First my left lung calapsed but they got it inflated pretty quick.  This was at the start of surgery when they filled my stomach with gas or whatever they used.  Then they saw all the scar tissue from my gallbladder removal years ago.  Not only was it hard like bone but there was an awful lot of it.  Much more then expected.  It took them a long time to remove it before they could have even begun the RNY surgery.  That done they preformed they surgery and all went well. I stayed in the hospital 4 days and not even sure if I was doing the right thing by going home.  Dr. said it was up to me.  With the care I was getting mostly from aides I thought I could do  the same for myself and not pay an extra $800.00 a day.  I was still on pain meds and had everything I needed at home.  Last night was the first time off of pain meds and today so far so good without them so I guess that parts over with ( Thank Goodness).  I see the Dr. Tomorrow and I still have 2 drains in me I'm hoping he takes out. This is not an easy operation and some of  us have complications so please don't go by what anyone tells you there are different factors for everyone.  Everyone is different. Right now I need to lay down and I'm breaking out in a sweat just typing this so I'll say goodbye for now and just keep on trucking. Susan 
carlak
on 10/23/07 10:18 am - Bradenton, FL
Susan, Rest well my friend. You will do great inspite of all you went thru. Take it easy. One day at a time and things will go your way. Good thoughts are with you thru me and the rest of the board. Carla Klein-Bradenton Florida
image hosting site

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/07 12:32 am - Hudson, FL
BLESS YOUR HEARTyour so right about no body having the same reactions.  I read where people went to work within 3 days post op.. I remember the 2nd week getting out to target to "walk" around and feeling like someone was pulling my stitches out in my gut..and freaking out and leaving.  I hated the first month and had huge buyers remorse..but it fades like giving birth..soon your going to be losing weight getting into outfits that have dust on them from hanging in your closet...your going to have a ball..KEEP US POSTED..we love to read about all the wows.
Flor_Bellas
on 10/24/07 3:30 am - Miami, FL
Hi Susan, My prayers and positive thoughts are with you.  Thank you so much for such an honest post.  I've been researching my RNY for a while and I know what I'm getting into.  Reading your posts brings home of what other risks I might encounter due to having a band that I have not been successful with.  I'm keeping my mind and my attitude positive but I am also realistic.  I agree with someone else about hearing how people were ready to go back to work within days or one week from their RNY surgery, however, it took me a little over one week to feel good enough to work with my band, so I feel your pain (so to speak).  I'm not looking forward to process your going through now, but at least I know I will have support from everyone here.  So rest up, and keep us posted on your progress.  Again, you are in my prayers and I am sending you positive healing energy. Maria
Susan G.
on 10/25/07 5:54 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Thanks so much Maria.  I'm doing much better now.  Saw the Dr. yesterday and next week I can start puree foods.  YUM  LOL.  You hang in there also.  This is a great group with lots of support. Good luck to you and keep us posted. Susan
robinsoc140
on 10/25/07 6:05 am - Leesburg, FL
I just posted as robinsoc140 and now I can't find it - can anyone help me - I feel aso dumb? It was a good post asking for help. It could have been the Florida board or the surgery date december 2005 board. I really appreciate your help. Thanks Carol robinson140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views