Broward primary doc to follow me pre-surgery?

Colleen L.
on 10/23/07 12:22 pm, edited 11/20/07 12:23 pm - FL
Hello all - I've been lurking but this is my very first post.  My current primary is fine, but I would really love to find one *****ally "gets it" about obesity and bariatric surgery, and would be supportive.  So, I live in tamarac, but can pretty easily get anywhere in broward or boca.  Thanks for any suggestions.   colleen
Redhaired
on 10/24/07 1:11 am - Mouseville, FL
Why not ask your surgeon's office for a recommendation.  They know the PCPs that work well with them. Red

sardeb
on 10/25/07 12:55 am - Weston, FL
I have a great primary physician who definitely gets it.  He has followed me for years before and through my surgery, and now post op for the last 18 months.  He has seen me at the worst, and now the best.  He actually helped convince my husband that this was the right thing for me to do.  After my visit last month and he told me he would see me in a year because all of my co morbities were gone and my BMI and weight were in the normal range and there was no reason to monitor me every six weeks anymore, I was sad.  He works very well with the Cleveland Clinic doctors and actually he was the one who suggested I visit their class.  His name is Marc Greentstein and his office is in Cooper City.  I too had my gastric bypass at Cleveland Clinic in Weston.  Dr. Rosenthal and his staff were wonderful and saved my life...or should I say gave me my life back.  I have followed everything they say to the letter and my results are great.  You can email me if you have any other questions.   I know that not all doctors approve of this procedure, or know very little about it.  It doesnt mean they are not good doctors, just not the right doctors for us.  You will be in good hands at the Cleveland Clinic.   Debbie

Debbie
302 / 135 / 112
Preop /  goal /  Current

StaceyS
on 10/28/07 1:54 am - Coral Springs, FL

Hi Colleen, I just want to tell you that you are in excellent hands at CCW. Dr. Rosenthal did my sleeve on August 20. I feel that the sleeve saved my life. I have gotten rid of 67lbs so far. I live in Tamarac as well. Keep in touch and let me know how you're doing. Stacey

Highest - 330     Liquid diet - 326   Surgery day -  308.5
AOL IM: Staceyshoppersfl

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views